Quality Assurance Senior Analyst, AVP
Quality Assurance Senior Analyst, AVP - 10030961-WD
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Reporting to the Quality Control Manager/Team Leader. Responsible for performing a quality control review of KYC Operations for both new onboarding and periodic reviews. The objectives of these reviews include: ensuring KYC requirements are properly met and documented in accordance with bank standards and regulatory guidelines; and ensuring KYC process is followed in accordance with regulatory guidelines. Reviews of variety of client profiles including the high risk clients. This position is typically expected to work a very large number of reviews with little oversight. Serves as a subject matter expert for lower level Analysts. Assists management in mentoring, coaching, and training lower level Analysts. Provides technical guidance to staff for research, analysis and documentation. May be involved in the interview process for potential candidates for open positions. May receive delegated responsibilities from management.
- (75%) Perform Quality assurance of client KYC profile completed by KYC Onboarding team to determine if the review and research were conducted in accordance with the Quality Assurance standards and timeframes set for within established procedures, bank policy and regulatory requirements. Document each review by thoroughly completing a QA checklist.
- (10%) Maintains effective working relationships with key business partners. Maintains the ability to provide good customer service. Requires close working relationships with Financial Crime Risk Management business partners.
- (5%) Assist the Manager/Team Leader with basic duties including case assignments, case reviews and staff training.
- (5%) Stay abreast of developments concerning BSA/AML/Sanctions, fraud schemes, and sanctions.
- (5%) Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years direct work experience in AML risk analysis or equivalent with related experience in other areas of banking and preferably in the financial services industry.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be able to multi-task, adapt well to changing priorities and effectively prioritize workflow to meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and changing environment; must work well under pressure.
- Excellent analytical skills required.
- Excellent working knowledge of AML/BSA laws and regulations relative to money laundering and terrorist financing and the ability to apply this knowledge in assessing transaction activity; monitoring of high-risk customer accounts is preferred.
- The ability and willingness to work independently is required.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree, and CAMS certification is preferred.
- Must attend and complete Bank-sponsored job-related training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits
Job : Risk
Primary Location : NEW JERSEY-Jersey City
Job Posting : Dec 17, 2019, 4:33:03 PM
Shift : Day
Schedule : Full Time
Back to top