Post Implementation Review Manager
- Jersey City, NJ
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
QA Post Implementation Review, Vice President
The Central Project Management Office - Quality Assurance group (CPMO QA) leverages extensive experience in technology quality assurance processes, procedures, and methods to assure successful construction and delivery of IT systems. The primary objective of CPMO QA is to provide independent evaluation on the adherence of project life cycle governance and conduct Post Implementation Reviews for projects and programs being implemented by the bank. CPMO QA is a trusted advisor for identification of continuous process improvement by detecting critical points of success and failure. You will investigate lowest root causes that brought on deviations from standard methodology and have an opportunity to suggest corrective and preventive measures that will help project teams meet their scope, schedule, and financial goals.
The CPMO QA Vice President brings 8 to 10 years of business, technology or operational experience to the role. Prospective candidate will have oversight of a team of junior staff to ensure all daily responsibilities are completed. At this level, candidate will have an understanding of financial services and respective regulatory requirements. Previous experience in management, staff development and mentoring are key success criteria. Strong analytical skills, project management and business cost benefit analysis experience are crucial requirements. Naturally inquisitive, analytical in nature and will possess a strong desire to learn.
- Prepares detailed and complex financial analysis, projections, and reports
- Ability to develop, recommend, and monitor objectives and key results on CPMO QA team performance
- Designs and prepares project related performance presentation materials for CPMO QA and C-Level Management
- Instruct CPMO QA team members in identifying key data elements required for quality assessments that can lead to project methodology improvements\recommendations
- Supervise process alignment audits and assess corrective and preventive measures
- Review and assess project deliverables for direct reports and provide guidance and recommendations
- Identify process improvement initiatives for CPMO QA that will provide additional value to the organization
- Work with direct reports on the formulation and execution of annual objectives, Individual Development Plans (IDPs) and overall performance discussions
- Provide oversight and feedback for direct reports' based on their reviews of project work you're doing (BRD, FDD, Test Plans) built by the project teams per CPMO QA provided templates
- Ability to analyze Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA), business benefits, project costs and assess the impact of any changes incorporated throughout the project lifecycle
- Provide recommendations based on standard methodologies to improve overall CPMO QA engagement on projects
- Support the improvement of CPMO QA methodology by identifying quantitative measurement and analysis techniques
- Support the CPMO QA Lead for Project Risk and Control Assurance in defining and developing CPMO QA methodology and review practices on assigned projects
- Build Post Implementation Reviews as well as guide and supervise direct reports' in the execution of their Post Implementation Reviews
- Represent CPMO on key partner and approval meetings
- Coach, mentor and develop direct reports and staff members
- At least 8 years of IT Project Execution, Information Technology Risk and Control background and experience, either from an IT Project Management/Testing, Technology Audit, Infrastructure, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Management position and associated responsibilities
- Minimum of 3-5 years prior Banking and/or Financial Services experience
- Experience in supervisory role; experience in leading teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, solid presentation skills
- Four year baccalaureate degree required; advanced degree a plus
- PMP, Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification preferred; other information risk related certification (e.g., CRISC, CIA) a plus.
- Six Sigma certifications are a plus
- Supervisory Role in the Financial Services industry
- Knowledgeable on Quality processes, measurements and analysis
- Business analysis or project management skills based on PMBOK
- IT Testing and Audit experience a plus
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top