Portfolio Reporting Manager, Vice President
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Portfolio Reporting Manager, Vice President
The Portfolio Reporting Team is responsible for production of various portfolio level reports to provide transparency and intensify risks and issues around IT project execution to the wide range of partners in a timely manner. The Portfolio Reporting Manager will serve as the lead of overall production process and delivery of the reporting package. The role is responsible for crafting the compelling messages to the US and HO executives based on the in-depth analysis of portfolio status data.
- Line Management: Work assignment and coaching of the team members
- Design, tailor and maintain effective sets of metrics to measure project portfolio health and risks that will continuously evolve in order to meet the dynamic needs of senior management including Operations and Technology Governance Committee and Head Office audience
- Develop a compelling narrative that creates clarity and move senior management to action where appropriate, including trends, common issues, and corrective actions across the portfolio, supported by comprehensive portfolio data analysis and aligned with the bank's strategy and priority
- Design a report presentation to effectively communicate the findings and the message using executive-ready visual and writing
- Plan and execute initiatives to improve the contents' quality by educating the PMs and PMOs
- Design and implement a cyclic process to ensure the data quality in the Project Portfolio Management tools
- Find opportunities to lean out the reporting production process and implement the improvements
- The incumbent is able to develop a strong point of view aligned to the organization's strategy and goals, rapidly research and gain facility on new issues, and develop messaging for a wide variety of communications formats. He or she will be a strong writer and stylist, who can adapt his or her tone, style, and depth of content to different audiences, channels, and communiques.
- A critical success factor will be the ability to quickly analyze sets of various project and portfolio data and translate the data into a compelling narrative that builds clarity and moves people to action where appropriate. In addition, this individual must be able to identify required internal or external sources of information that provide the data supports the narrative and messages. Also, synthesize diverse perspectives and help drive to consensus is a must.
- 4 year Bachelor's Degree, or relevant experience
- 7-10 year experience in meaningful work experience, especially in Business Management and Executive Reporting
- 7-10 years of experience in PMO in IT field
- Experience in Project Risk Management as well as Information Risk Management
- Experience in designing and creating presentations and communications for an executive audience
- Knowledge of project management process (not necessarily the executioner of the process)
- Strong writing, communications planning, and story-telling skills
- Track record of success and impact working with senior leaders
- Ability to work independently and function as part of multiple concurrent teams; comfort and experience working in a matrixed environment
- Exceptional organizational and coordination skills
- Able to work iteratively, and produce interim deliverables on a same-day or next-day basis when so required
- Exceptional accuracy, with ability to copy-edit and provide quality assurance for all content and visuals in a fast-changing environment
- Flexibility and learning agility; quick to adapt different and new ways of doing things; eager to try new things and present new ideas
- Demonstrated problem solving, quantitative, analytical, and thought leadership skills
- Strong research and synthesis skills, gather, scan, and review the right sources quickly, gleaning the data points of highest value. Read and analyze the data to find repeating patterns, trend and common themes
- Able to distill insights into a compelling deliverable to inform the strategic direction and roadmap
- Strong visual sense: Develop attention-getting presentations, conceptualize images that enrich content and educate and inform, and provide guidance to designers for developing a wide variety of content
- Able to make technical information fresh, interesting and relevant to non-technical readers
- Intellectual focus, recall past work to apply expertise and templates across different information, reducing the time and effort required to complete new assignments
- Advanced Excel and Powerpoint
- Other reporting tools such as Tableau is a plus
- Waterfall project management methodology, Agile, SDLC
- Experience working in management or strategy consulting
- Excel and data analysis skills, particularly for large business and technology change efforts
- Experience in an agile working environment
- Experience within a global financial services context
- Experience working on large, complex programs and projects
- Technology organization or Project Management Office
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top