PacRim CO Benefits Banker Relationship Officer, Gardena, CA
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. At Union Bank, we aim to be the premier and most-trusted West Coast bank, serving customers with high-touch, local delivery and global capabilities as we leverage our rich, 150-year history. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by competitive Total Rewards, including our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Reporting to Pacific Rim Company Benefits Program Manager, the Pacific Rim Company Benefits Banking Relationship Officer is responsible for marketing the Pacific Rim Company Benefits Banking Program (PRCB) opportunities targeting large Japanese business prospects and existing clients covering the United States. No direct reports.
- Responsible for identifying, developing and evaluating a marketing strategy based on PRCB program.
- Develops relationships with existing large corporate and commercial clients and prospects. In conjunction with Union Bank /Japanese Corporate Banking group (JCB) relationship managers, calls on existing clients and prospects to develop new PRCB relationships for marketing opportunities.
- Works with company decision maker in determining the best venue and delivery option for providing the PRCB Banking products as well as cross sell other products and services to company employees.
- Meets with key company executives in developing client confidence related to the Bank's banking services for company employees. Interviews key decision makers at larger companies to determine overall financial needs and opportunities of company employees.
- Assess PRCB Banking opportunities by studying geographic areas and industries within territory.
- Coordinates PRCB selling efforts across the footprint to include not only California, Oregon and Washington, but Nationwide in an effort to deliver a consistent branded experience for all.
- Participates in strategically defined JCB sales meetings. Communicates directly with Commercial Account Officers & Relationship Managers to ensure coordinated efforts are exercised and implemented in annual client reviews & visits.
- Oversees seasonal events for large commercial clients to ensure the Bank's brand name is consistence and the PRCB program is marketed and delivered in accordance with the company expectations.
- Provides sales leadership, advice, support and guidance in an effort to effectively increase the Retail Banking household to the Retail Specialized Markets Division.
- Works with the Japanese Customer Service Unit, select Retail banking offices and JCB staff to assist in the seamless delivery of the PRCB program to employees of larger companies.
- Hands over actual account opening process to Japanese Customer Service Unit or Retail sales staff acquisition growth.
- Develops ongoing calling plan reaching out to existing PRCB commercial customers on a regular basis.
- Meets with key decision makers, President, COO, CFO, Human Resources Directors and Benefits Managers to evaluate company employee needs.
- Implements and develops the best strategic marketing approach when offering the PRCB Banking program.
- Responsible for participating in external community activities in order to promote the Bank brand name and to implement and develop a business referral network.
- Bilingual Japanese / English, with proven skills at conducting business in Japanese Effective writing and organizational skills.
- Minimum of 3 + years in customer service and sales experience in working with high level decision makers for larger corporations and relationship management.
- Ability to work independently, multi-tasks, and maximize time spent when calling on clients and prospects.
- Ability to speak before large groups. Dynamic speaking and oratory skills.
- Territory management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively close a sale.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to build instant rapport.
- Ability to earn and maintain the confidence level of high impact clients and prospects.
- Strong background in managing a pipeline of business.
- Ability to develop an organized business development calling plan.
- Expertise in understanding consumer financial needs and activities in the financial marketplace.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top