Operations & Technology Technical Writer, Assistant Vice President
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
This role will support the Operations and Technology Risk Management function. This Technical Writer role will support the preparation and writing of process flows, control documentation, technical requirements, procedures, instruction manuals, user guides, and other supporting documents to communicate complex and technical information more easily across Operations & Technology and the supported business lines.
- Create process flows, control documentation, procedures, instruction manuals, user guides, and frequently asked questions to help support the overall Operations & Technology Risk mission and operating model
- Establish a process of continual improvement in policies, controls and procedures to best manage and mitigate risk while driving customer satisfaction
- Determine the technical documentation needs of end users, including the ability to understand complex information and communicate the information to people with diverse professional backgrounds
- Organize and write supporting documents for processes, technology, and the requisite risk and control requirements
- Partner with product managers and the application development team in sprint activities
- Partner with process and technical engineers to document current and future state
- Document risk and control requirements for emerging technologies
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation and charts that increase users' understanding
- Use interactive technologies to document content
- Help design and select appropriate medium for message or audience, such as manuals or online videos
- Standardize content across platforms and media
- Participate in procedure uplift
- Design and implement maintenance / evergreen program to keep documents up to date
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Engineering, Technical Communications, Computer Science, Communications, English or related disciplines required
- 3+ years of technical writing / communication or research assistant experience documenting APIs, SDKs, web
- technologies, etc.; banking experience is a plus
- Experience of Technology risk processes in a bank (i.e. incident management, threat and vulnerability management
- Independently follow designs and standards to develop and deliver documentation
- Excellent communication skills Must be able to take complex, technical information and translate it for colleagues
- Excellent writing skills - Technical communicators must have excellent writing skills to be able to explain technical
- Experience and understanding of key banking processes, regulations and associated risks and controls a plus Experience working in an Agile environment is a plus
- Ability to identify opportunities to improve content and processes
- Highly motivated, energetic self-starter who takes ownership and can drive change through innovation
- Able to work effectively under pressure and in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment in order to meet deadlines
- Analytic and investigative mindset dedicated to continuously improving processes
- Extremely organized and attentive to detail
- Excellent oral, interpersonal, communication skills; team oriented
- Proven analytical thinker with ability to identify, analyze and solver problems in a thoughtful manner
- Focused attention to detail, analytical & inquisitive with high standards for quality and accuracy
- History of working on multiple initiatives simultaneously, expectation setting, and escalation of issues, where appropriate
- The ability to think strategically and partner with diverse teams to drive efficiency and process enhancements
- Able to drive project and initiatives to completion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top