Operations Initiatives Coordinator
- Tempe, AZ
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Operations Initiatives Coordinator II
The Operations Initiatives Coordinator manages moderately complex work requests to include: process improvements, service or efficiency initiatives, product or system modifications, merger related activities, and other requests as assigned. Acting as a liaison for the designated Operations division, the incumbent applies a specific knowledge of the business combined with knowledge of the systems technology capabilities to business problem solving. They create and distribute reports and develop and implement statistical and analytical spreadsheets. This role coordinates special projects as assigned by manager. Responsible for preparing and delivering presentations and participating in meetings with users to define and evaluate business problems for managing the work queues at the division level and attending IT or vendor meetings.
40% - Monitor and manage deposit files transmissions received from 3 rd party vendors. Work directly with 3 rd party vendors to resolve issues. Utilizes operational and business line knowledge for partnering with business unit managers to understand business needs and provide subject matter expertise on assigned duties. Articulates the line of business needs/requirements including identified solutions within the organization to obtain project buy-in. Identifies appropriate resources to assess risks, controls, and regulatory compliance issues and ensures a documented risk assessment review.
30% - Assists Project Manager(s) in ensuring projects are running smoothly and on time. Monitors project plans for task completion and diplomatically works with team members to keep projects on schedule. Accountable for ensuring delivery of assigned initiatives on time, on budget, and within scope.
10% - Manages non-complex projects that are unique that require skill sets in project management, budgeting and database management.
10% - Tracks and monitors work order requests, performing regular status updates. Identify and report obstacles or variances that cannot be resolved that would impede the delivery of the project on time and within budget. Liaisons with various areas and resources outside the division/dept for ensuring deadlines are met and conflicts are resolved. Responsible for completing Enterprise Project Management (EPM) documentation and all necessary project materials.
- Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree in business or other equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3+ year leading and implementing change initiatives preferably within a financial services environment, or equivalent work experience.
- Fully capable of handling business line initiatives with minimal support.
- Has demonstrated priority setting, problem solving, negotiating, and conflict management skills.
- Functional, technical, and operational organization skills required, including the ability to develop strong alliances at all levels within the organization.
- Has vendor management experience.
- Sound oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Sound decision making skills that demonstrate originality, flexibility, and resourcefulness.
- Action oriented; Ability to adapt to change and implement quickly based on overall direction and needs of the company.
- High quantity producer and ability to manage multiple priorities and commitments concurrently.
- Demonstrated computer skills utilizing applicable PC applications to include Microsoft, Web, and bank related applications.
- Stay abreast with industry trends.
- The highest level of integrity, customer focus, and partnership is a minimum standard requirement.
- Ability to coordinate and direct activities of others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top