Modern Infrastructure and Security Architect, Associate
- Charlotte, NC
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
We are looking for a talented Modern Infra and Security Architect, Associate who is hardworking, collaborative and passionate about solving complex problems on a growing team.
As a Modern Infra and Security Architect, Associate at MUFG, you will actively participate in the execution of cyber security, working with product managers, architects, tech leads, and individual engineers to identify, proof-of-concept, pilot, and incubate cyber security capabilities across the organization.
You will maintain visibility of cyber security capabilities gaps across all the bank's technology pillars to help prioritize incubation and help both Evolution Engineering teams and Incubation Engineering teams stay connected to and shape longer term cyber security visibility, remediation, and response.
You support the roll out these capabilities the "FinTech" way, using system reliability engineering (SRE) practices and open source software (OSS) for better developer velocity and platform resilience. You work with our business partners to architect, design and implement solutions, and your expertise in detailed technical design and development of applications using emerging technology platforms will help lead MUFG towards true technology transformation.
Here's how you'll spend your time:
- You will help to improve the overall experience of our product through improving the quality of the security features and processes
- You'll help to create integrations and tools to improve the cloud, legacy environments' security
- You identify areas of improvements in the code base and help contribute to make it better
- You'll work with the Journey Owner, Scrum Master, other Engineers and Testers to iterate on new features within the Digital Team.
- You'll learn, collaborate and teach other Engineers. Everyone can contribute something new to the team regardless of how long they've been in the industry.
- You'll fix prioritized issues from the issue tracker.
- You'll write high quality code to complete scheduled direction issues assigned by your Technical Lead engineering manager.
- You'll contribute to and follow our CI/CD process, alongside the rest of the Engineering team and the Consumer Bank as a whole.
How you will grow:
Through your variety of experiences at MUFG, you will have the opportunity to develop technical, analytical, communication, and leadership skills that can help you achieve your full potential. No matter what career path you eventually choose, you will be continually challenged by your team members and your peers. Along the way, you will have access to mentoring and training opportunities to help foster and accelerate your development of new skills and capabilities.
- Have 5+ years' experience in engineering, ideally including the administration of software delivery tools, modern scripting languages, cloud automation, and infrastructure design and operating solutions built on AWS, Azure, or GCP
- In depth engineering skills within at least one of these fields: cyber security, machine learning, analytics, CI/CD for software defined infrastructures, data-as-a-service, real time event streaming, intelligence augmentation, systems automation (preferably with 2+ years' experience at the intersection of several)
- Can comfortably work in an Agile environment
- Can work with modern frontend frameworks (e.g., React, Vue.js, Angular)
- Are able to collaborate effectively with UX Designers, Developers, and Designers
- Can clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- Have experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
- Are comfortable working in an agile or waterfall software development process
- Have the ability to onboard and integrate with an organization long-term
- Have a positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Enjoy being client centric, people focused
- Can really listen to others and have the courage to speak up
- You are passionate about innovating and simplifying
- You step up to own & execute
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top