M&A Integration Associate
- New York, NY
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Reporting to the Deputy Central Integration Management Office Head/Director, the Associate is responsible for execution of the end-to-end integration framework from due diligence through post integration monitoring and reporting for all deal types across all Business Units and Legal Entities in MUFG Americas Holdings, including MUFG Union Bank, and for MUFG Bank Branches in the U.S.
- In partnership with the CIMO Head and Deputy Head, assist in the execution of an enhanced end-to-end integration framework including all standard tools, templates, guidance.
- Assist in creating standard scalable integration playbooks for all business units considering deal structures / business types.
- Mobilize the Integration Management Office, on new deals of all types (e.g. legal entity, branch, asset or business) including, but not limited to, establishing integration governance structures, guiding principles, roles and responsibilities for all lines of defense for integration risk management and development of Target Operating Models (TOM) to determine changes organization, policies, processes and systems.
- Support execution of the integration management framework from due-diligence through to post integration monitoring and reporting.
- Ensuring integration and project work streams are developed in support of the drivers of the M&A deals
- Support the coordination across all three lines of defense including business leaders, corporate development, finance, risk management, legal, audit and other key stakeholders including Bank regulators (Feds, OCC).
- Identify and escalate critical issues that may impede planned elements of the integration.
- 3+ years' of experience supporting integration initiatives including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, wind-downs, platform integrations and / or organizational change.
- Financial services industry experience and knowledge of banking organizations, operations and technology.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate well with internal and external senior management and stakeholders and reach consensus on complex challenges.
- Ability to be flexible, decision oriented, and motivated.
- Ability to approach decisions in a consultative manner with a particular emphasis on delivery.
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
- Ability to combine business and operational concepts to lead multi-faceted integration efforts.
- Executive presence with strong presentation skills (verbal and written) and ability to present to large groups and to Executive Management.
- Ability to lead large web-based or in person meetings and facilitate resolution of differing views and under challenging circumstances.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and proactive in approach.
- Familiarity with Bank regulators and experience coordinating with regulators preferred.
- MBA, CPA, and/or PMP certification preferred, but not required.
- Big 4 or top tier management consulting experience preferred, but not required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top