Lead Software Engineer - Mainframe, Vice President
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Responsible for design, development, implementation, and maintenance of computer-oriented systems and networks, including real-time and event-driven systems, databases and database management systems, application systems in a multi-platform environment. Provides system architectural direction and recommendations. Formulates system scope and objectives, and devises and modifies procedures to solve problems. Prepares detailed specs from which programs will be written. This Position Reports to: Systems Manager
- Serves as a consultant to management in new areas of the system, including improvements, long-range planning or overall systems architecture.
- Serves as the department spokesperson in areas of new technology.
- Researches and evaluates solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effecting solutions for the system design.
- Formulates system scope and objectives.
- Evaluates software and system problems and recommends system improvements, new applications and develops plans to improve service.
- Performs analysis of existing code or design new solutions or may integrate purchased solution.
- Prepares detailed specs from which programs will be written, then develop codes, tests, debugs, and documents those program plans.
- Coordinates the development of technical support standards.
- Has expertise in systems analysis, design and a solid understanding of development, quality assurance and integration methodologies.
- Conceives, creates, and maintains IT's project plans following defined project methodologies.
- Accountable for the project plan, schedules and project implementation.
- Acts as the project manager.
- May provide assistance or training to lower level staff.
- Initiates and develops innovative concepts to solve complex problems with little or no precedent; creates new opportunities to enable the use of new technology.
- Provides conceptual guidance to other senior and high-level technical authorities.
- Advanced/expert level technical role.
- Considered to be the authority on selected specialty systems, sought out for broad and in-depth technical knowledge and expertise.
- Has experience in programming languages, system utilities, database structures.
- Competent to conceive, develop and apply highly advanced technologies, principles, theories and concepts to resolve the most complex software systems problems.
- Displays competency in developing and maintaining complex project plans and in handling work according to defined methodologies.
- Work Experience Typically has 7-10 years of programming/systems analysis experience and 3-5 years of meaningful experience with emphasis in applications and systems engineering development, database and middleware technologies.
- Education Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision, and must be goal and results oriented.
- A minimum of 7 years of mainframe skills in COBOL, CICS, and batch are required.
- Proficiency in web and new technologies are a plus.
- Experience with assembler is helpful.
- Able to work effectively in a high pressure, fast paced development environment.
- Multi-tasking, provide creative innovative solutions and strong organization and time-management skills.
- Must adapt to change quickly and be able to assess impact and risk based on solid foundation of standard methodologies and experience.
- Demonstrate strong performance skills which includes: quick learner; organized, efficient, self-starter, results oriented, high quality output, excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, flexible, customer service oriented, a multi-tasker in a fast pace environment.
- Candidate must be well versed and focused in adhering to SDLC, Project Management practices and techniques, ITIL, and other continuous improvement methodologies.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified .
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top