Lead Software Engineer, Axiom
- Tempe, AZ
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Axiom Lead Software Engineer
- Working closely with Systems Analysts, Subject Matter Experts, and Axiom developers to build and support Axiom Regulatory Platform.
- Overseeing multiple projects across the regulatory reporting functional area, working closely with data architects and upstream ETL developers to source data and design / implement Axiom data sourcing & staging.
- Leading efforts to deliver Axiom Solutions for projects using best software, standards and engineering practices.
- Facilitating the implementation of standards and practices that guide the architecture, design and delivery of Axiom solutions.
- Researching and maintaining knowledge on Axiom product and other emerging financial technologies.
- Working with operations staff to enhance operational framework that supports systems, policies and security frameworks to ensure delivery of information to appropriate groups.
- Assisting in the performance of source data analysis, data transformations and data distribution supporting project IT and business teams
- Performing systems design and analysis, developing code, and testing to ensure successful and seamless communication among the various IT systems and applications components;
- Developing and supporting Axiom Center of Excellence, Axiom processes implementation, ongoing development, and operations;
- Identifying development issues early and the corrective action necessary to mitigate these issues;
- Determining the best tool to develop and maintain the functional or reporting requirement using a "best of the breed" development approach;
- Helping to define the Axiom coding standards for the portfolio of applications;
- Developing detail-level design documents from functional requirements and adhering to the development and naming standards established;
- Working on projects providing Axiom subject matter expertise and technical direction to more junior technical staff and serving as a technical leader on medium-sized projects;
- Reviewing and evaluating new requirements, change requests and problems by conferring with business analysts and SMEs;
- Directing, monitoring, and assigning work to those on the team including providing technical work guidance and mentoring; and estimating, planning, organizing and assigning tasks to various team members;
- Partnering with the architecture team on development of Axiom data architecture, data processing standards, tools, and techniques;
- Preparing and presenting technical concepts to internal audiences and management;
- Working within a change and configuration management environment to maintain control over the development and introduction of new function to the operation;
- Participating in the rollout of any changes to the production environment and the setting of new standards using change control, documentation, and full communication with the operations and support; and
- Providing third-level support for development and production support issues for the Axiom Platform.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field (or foreign equivalent degree).
- 10 plus years of related technical experience building and supporting financial or regulatory platform using Axiom Controller View, Informatica ETL, Oracle and SQL Technologies;
- Knowledge or experience in AWS technologies is a plus; OFSAA experience counts too;
- Experience with regulatory reporting (Basel II & III, CCAR A & CCAR Q&M and other regulatory reports) is beneficial;
- Experience with banking products and systems including loans, securities, deposits & derivatives is a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified .
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top