Lead Network Perimeter Engineer (DNS/Proxy), Vice President
- Arlington, TX
Discover this rewarding opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
- This position delivers on major Transformational projects including Datacenter reengineering, consolidation, Multi-cloud rationalization and deployments including AWS, O365, Cisco ACI, etc.
- Perform designs and deliver on operational objectives by engineering, evaluating, recommending, formulating, testing and implementation of plans for current and new network technology
- Contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews
- Prepare and complete action plans
- Design cost effective networks, ensuring MUFG and industry best practices networks
- Resolve problems
- Complete audits
- Identify trends, determine network improvements and implement change
- Hands on engineer with knowledge in the following: Network Technologies to include Cisco Routers, Switches, Firewalls, F5 Load-Balancers, VPN concentrators, Cisco ACI, AWS cloud services, DNS, Proxy as well as others for all data centers and branches etc
- Be able to manage infrastructure using management tools like F5 Enterprise Manager, Bluecoat Management Center, Infoblox Grid Master etc
- In-depth understanding and troubleshooting of web based applications, local and geographical load balancing, forward and reverse proxies.
- Excellent understanding and hands-on knowledge of DNS, web load balancing, URL filtering, content filtering, IP address management, policy development and deployment a must.
- Be able to independently configure and deploy F5 LTMs/GTMs and Infoblox DNS appliances.
- Must be able to install, configure, and manage F5 products (Viprion chassis; GTM and LTM).
- Must be able to install, configure, and manage Infoblox products (NIOS, Bloxtools, Reporters, Insight...etc).
- Must have design, deployment, and troubleshooting experience in MPLS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, STP, Ether Channels, OTV, VPC, VDC, and general knowledge around NTP, SNMP, NetFlow, CEF, Security Protocols, Network management tools including DCNM, NAE, Live Action, Solarwinds, and Wireshark.
- Responsible for the day-to-day system and applications support.
- Familiar with project delivery methodologies as related to network infrastructure.
- Ability to maintain excellent network documentation using Visio, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills a must.
- Must be able to support weekend / after-hours network deployments and escalations to troubleshoot production issues.
- 7+ years of related technical experience with planning, engineering, design and implementation of complex enterprise networks using F5 Load Balancer, Bluecoat Proxy, Infoblox, Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, network management and monitoring systems.
- 5 years of leading Datacenter and WAN transformational network engineering efforts. ACI, SDWAN, and AWS Cloud knowledge and experience would be a big plus.
- Deep experience with Network architecture, IT infrastructure, IT application technologies and frameworks
- Must be able to determine business requirements and provide detailed designs.
- Hands on architecture/engineering level experience on Cisco Nexus, 6500, 3800, 3900, 3700, 3500 & 2900 is required.
- Hands-on deployment experience on Python and Ansible would be a big plus.
- Strong communicator with ability to be flexible, decision oriented, and highly motivated.
- Ability to approach major decisions in a consultative manner with a particular emphasis on delivery.
- Strong ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with internal partners and external vendors.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Internetworking, Management Information Systems, Engineering or Information Systems Engineering (or foreign equivalent degree)
- CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert) Certification would be a big plus
- AWS Certified Solution Architect - Associate would be a big plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top