Lead Business Analyst
- San Diego, CA
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Responsible for leading a team in the planning, conducting and directing the analysis of highly complex business problems to be solved with automated systems. Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluation and developing systems that are cost effective and meet user requirements. Plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing and criteria specification for system to meet business requirements. Designs details of automatic systems. Provides consultation to users in the area of automated systems. Projects assigned impact enterprise wide systems. This Position Reports to: Systems Manager
- Develops and administers the project plan.
- Defines roles for team members.
- Serves as the principal coordinator on the project team for ensuring the project's success.
- Resolves conflicts, priorities etc.
- Accountable for project status to management.
- Manages and coordinates the implementation of the rollout.
- Acts as the senior level project manager for larger projects
- Demonstrates expertise in strategic planning, tactical execution, project management, process management and business systems requirements definition.
- Consults with users and vendors for need assessment.
- Writes detailed analysis of users needs.
- Presents research and recommendation to management.
- Identifies solutions to unusual and complex problems requiring ingenuity, or innovative thinking.
- Monitors implementation and user satisfaction.
- Performs highly complex systems process analysis, design and simulation.
- Understands technical problems and solutions in relation to the current, as well as the future business environment.
- Suggests plans to integrate new and existing processes.
- Conducts studies of new technology and recommends changes based on these findings.
- Leads, conducts and facilitates meetings. Leads in the development and implementation of strategic technology plans.
- Produces project plans.
- Directs solutions to system/business problems.
- Manages and resolves complex projects.
- Expert/lead role.
- Demonstrates strong leadership and consulting skills with advanced communications skills level for composing and writing original business documentation and presentations for management.
- Possesses knowledge and experience leveraging both IT solutions and business process improvements.
- In-depth knowledge of all processes/systems currently used within a specific business unit.
- Lead responsibilities include directing, monitoring and assigning work to those on the team.
- Provides technical work guidance or mentoring.
- May provide input to the managers/supervisor on staff performance.
- Coaches and mentors more junior staff.
- Work Experience Typically requires 10+ years of in-depth business knowledge and system design.
- In-depth knowledgeable of all processes /systems currently used.
- Education Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other directly related field
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top