IT Risk Remediation & Issues Management, AVP
- Charlotte, NC
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
A member of the Operations and Technology for the Americas (OTA) Risk & Controls Office (RCO), OTA Risk - Ops & Tech Risk Remediation & Issues Associate is a key member of a first line risk and controls team aligned to a specific OTA technology business. This individual works with other team members to partner with operations and technology teams to drive effective risk and control management. The teams are responsible for assessing the operations and technology risk and control environment, identifying improvement opportunities, reporting and monitoring key risk metrics and providing governance with respect to all risk and control matters. The role reports to the Director, Head of Operations & Technology Risk Remediation & Issues Management.
This role will be aligned with a specific Operations & Technology business functions. Specific responsibilities will include working collaboratively with the Business areas and their business area Unit Risk teams to execute the following:
Issue management action plan (MAP) development:
- Work with BURM's teams to challenge any potential issues and participate in issue development once they are recognized and agreed as issues
- Partner with BURM's teams to get new issues ready for the tollgate process
- Review, challenge and participate in issues' management action plans (MAPs) development to ensure MAPs can address the control deficiencies and symptoms pointed out in the issue including building out a sustainable and repeatable process
- Validate issues including Management Self Identified (MSIs), Second Line of Defense (SLoD), Internal Audit (TLoD) and Regulatory issues
- Work with BURMs' teams to ensure new and closure issue packages are completed properly prior to being presented at tollgates (review & challenge) meetings
Reporting and QA support:
- Support RCO management to generate various metrics reports for senior management and board level committees
- Maintain standard IM templates
- Provide periodic IM related training
- Provide QA and reports on OpenPages issues
- Engaged with operations & technology key stakeholders, management, BURMs, Second Lines of Defense (SLoD) and Third Lines of Defense (TLoD) to ensure risks are understood across all Lines of Defenses (LoDs) and risk treatment is properly identified
Manage issues tollgate process:
- Review Issue in-take submissions for tollgates (review & challenge), prepare issue package (new, closures, risk acceptances) and ensure requirements are met, follow-ups are actioned and completed and resolved
- 4 plus years of technology, risk and control experience, preferably in a financial institution, Big 4 or other highly regulated environment.
- Knowledge of information technology risk and process frameworks, including COSO, COBIT, NIST, Cybersecurity Horizontal Reviews, and ITIL.
- Knowledge of Consumer Banking, Consumer Lending, Capital Markets, Commercial Loans, Trade Services and Payment Operations etc.
- Familiarity with US regulatory, compliance and governance.
- Understanding of risk management, including experience executing risk assessments, testing and evaluating processes and controls.
- Strong project management skills; includes an ability to independently drive work, and pragmatically solve problems.
- Outstanding communication skills; able to foster close and collaborative productive working relationships across the organization.
- Strong work ethic, ability to make decisions and work under tight deadlines; achievement oriented and takes initiative.
- Bachelor's degree in technology, engineering, risk management, computer science, information systems or equivalent field.
- Relevant professional certifications a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top