IT Project Manager, Vice President
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
IT Project Manager, Vice President
We are seeking financial services Project Management professionals for our EPMO (Enterprise Project Management Office) to lead the execution of Technology Projects to support key global business initiatives and modernize mission-critical infrastructure. As a Project Manager, you will have primary responsibility for the budget/resource management, reporting, and execution of multi-million dollar projects that are transforming MUFG's core technology platforms. In this highly visible role, you will apply your experience to effectively oversee/manage multiple projects within the specified time frame and budget per EPMO Policies and Procedures, leveraging MUFG's Project Delivery Life Cycle and project management tools.
- Successfully manage large/complex technology infrastructure projects.
- Coordinate project team members to ensure completion of the defined project(s).
- Partner with Technology Product Owners and Business Sponsors to develop strategic technology roadmaps.
- Drive project completion by achieving all milestones and technology implementation, while delivering defined business outcomes within approved budget and timeline.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills - a proactive, servant leader
- Strong communication/presentation skills - ability to distill complex technology issues for business stakeholders in a clear, concise, audience-appropriate manner
- Detail-oriented with the capacity to take on new projects and learn new technologies
- Disciplined approach to business and people management processes
- Ability to provide prompt, effective communications and follow-up to project stakeholders
- Project scheduling expertise
- Well-versed in the application of a formalized/rigorous project management methodologies
- Meticulous project status reporting, issue/resolution tracking, risk management
- Effective test planning and conversion management skills
- Ability to provide reliable forecast estimates to actuals with minimal variation
- Analytical capability to identify issues and risks
- Ability to execute and troubleshoot problems
- A demonstrated track record of completing projects on-time, within budget and with quality
- Financial Services business and technology background
- Expertise in Microsoft Project/PM Tools and MS Office Suite
- Expertise in Microsoft Project/PM Tools, MS Office Suite
- 10+ years project management experience in Financial Services
- 8+ years of Infrastructure project management experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience managing project financials - budgeting, forecasting, reporting, etc.
- Independently managed at least 3 large-scale, technology projects to completion, though all phases of the project life cycle
- 4 year Bachelor's Degree required
- Completion of PMP or other PM certification (preferred)
Desired Domain Knowledge in 1 or more areas:
- Information security, retail banking, global financial crimes, global markets & risk, technology infrastructure operations, transaction banking
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top