Interest Rate Derivatives Sales Support, Analyst
- Los Angeles, CA
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
MUFG Union Bank, N.A.'s Interest Rate Derivatives Sales team assists clients of the Bank manage its exposure to interest rate risk through the structuring of hedging solutions using Over The Counter (OTC) interest rate derivatives.
The Interest Rates Derivatives Sales Analyst role will involve a high degree of contact with internal stakeholders in support of providing interest rate hedging and risk management services to clients in the middle market, commercial real estate, and private wealth business lines. This individual is responsible for gathering, analyzing, and preparing materials for the marketing of derivative products.
- Support the client documentation process, including ISDA and onboarding documents.
- Support financial reporting, including revenue reporting and forecasting.
- Manage the team's sales pipeline.
- Troubleshoot internal issues with Operations and Risk & Control.
- Manage the team's Daily Market Update.
- Develop presentation materials for senior marketers.
- Data mine loan portfolios to uncover additional hedging opportunities.
- Maintain economic database to identify market trends and opportunities.
- Provide analytical support for senior marketers.
- Provide client coverage support when senior calling officers are traveling.
- Manage team initiatives including CRM.
- Provide derivative price indications to internal stakeholders.
- Actively manage personal development and career path.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, or related area.
- A professional approach that fits with the team's culture of excellence.
- At least 1 year of professional experience, prior experience working at a financial institution within a fixed income or capital markets teamis a decisive asset.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Demonstrated proficiency in handling multiple projects and deadlines.
- Experience developing presentation materials (including using PowerPoint and Excel).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborativeenvironment.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong interest in financial markets and derivatives.
- An ambitious self-starter who is organized, conscientious, proactive, detail-oriented and demonstrates a sense of personal accountability and urgency for achieving results.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified .
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top