Infrastructure as a Service Lead, Director
- Arlington, TX
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Infrastructure as a Service Lead
The Technology Modernization Leadership Team seeks a Infrastructure-as-a-Service Lead to serve as the accountable Leader for the delivery of Infrastructure Hosting Transformation. The Infrastructure Hosting Transformation includes the physical/virtual aspects of key infrastructure technologies including network, compute and storage as well as the physical hosting locations inclusive of Cloud Service Providers ('CSP') and CoLocation hosting facilities including the exit/closure of legacy hosting facilities while supporting cross-Transformation infrastructure requirements/needs as aligned to the Transformation Hosting Strategy.
- Accountable Leader for the delivery and realization of the multi-year Technology Modernization Infrastructure Strategy including the delivery of strategic objectives defined by the Transformation Hosting Strategy (e.g. physical data center closure) and the definition and delivery of next generation physical/virtual network, compute and storage technologies in support of Transformation Programs/Projects
- Defines and delivers the set of next generation, software defined infrastructure capabilities the enable the five strategic objectives of transformation including business agility, client experience, collaboration, compliance and growth
- Manages, updates, shapes and actions the Technology Modernization Infrastructure Strategy roadmap, operating model and supporting Organization required to deliver against defined capabilities long term
- Design, implement and lead continuous integration and deployment within hybrid cloud infrastructures for rapid product release while effectively leading service risks
- Analyze trade-offs between potential solutions, selecting the optimal path and ultimately guiding the team
- Evaluate and lead security risks in solution design and implementation
- Stay abreast of industry trends, actively adopting new practices and techniques to accelerate delivery
- Serve as a key member of the Technology Modernization Leadership Team
- Partner with key stakeholders including business, risk/compliance, program management, architecture, system owner, 3rd party vendors, testing and other key/supporting teams as necessary to ensure successful delivery
- Lead onshore and offshore resources, including recruiting, mentorship and technologist development
- Identify, lead, and apply mitigation plans against risks to successful delivery
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Demonstrable experience leading large teams of multi-functional, matrix resources to deliver outcomes
- Thinks strategically and considers resources, market drivers, risks, and values when making decisions for area of accountability/responsibility
- Aligns technology roadmaps with business strategy and ensures alignment of business requirements to technology solutions
- Minimum ten years of experience in designing, developing and delivering high-demand service solutions within a large, complex Global IT environment
- Expert-level understanding of one or more of the major cloud service providers ('CSP') (i.e. AWS, Azure, GCP), using them to effectively design secure and scalable services
- Act as Lead engineer and technical escalation point among domains; actively communicate and explain risks/issues associated with the environment across partners, functions and key governance committees
- Deep technical expertise in development, engineering and operations for next generation network, database, compute, storage, virtualization, enterprise container capabilities, automation/orchestration and information security domains including advising and coordinating the:
- creation of supporting key/critical Team enabling artifacts such as roadmaps and whitepapers
- transformation of physical on-prem hosting and storage infrastructure for on-prem cloud capabilities to support/enable cross-Transformation strategies
- solution definition, adoption and transition to virtual private cloud ('VPC') hosting and storage technical solution capabilities
- creation of next generation high availability and disaster recovery capabilities/services
- Drive maturity of key infrastructure-as-code (IaC) principles in order to enable automation of common tasks, such as code deployments, builds and patching
- First-hand experience of ServiceNow
- Software development lifecycle ('SDLC') knowledge and experience including design, development, testing, packaging, deployment, upgrade and support a must
- Deep experience in financial management to support the definition and creation of financial chargeback/showback models
- Minimum five years of experience leading 3rd party vendors in large scale, multi-vendor environments
- Able to recruit, lead, motivate and inspire technologists to achieve daring goals
- Ability to transform customer requirements into technology requirements
- Experience integrating new technology and platforms with critical legacy systems
- Ability to stitch best of breed tools and practices together to solve business problems, accepting the security (confidentiality, integrity, availability) and complexity challenges that may arise
- Comfort with ambiguity; the ability to find the correct path given limited guidance
- Possesses an automate everything attitude, from CI/CD based deployment to team collaboration
- Experienced in iterative / agile team management including transformation at scale
- Good interpersonal, oral, presentation and written communication skills including the ability to influence across all levels in a matrix Organization
- Strong facilitation experience
- Experience within highly regulated industry such as government, healthcare and/or financial services
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top