HR Technology Sr. Software Engineer - Workday
- Tempe, AZ
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
HR Technology Sr. Software Engineer - Workday, Assistant Vice President
Reporting to HR Technology Applications Manager, responsible for delivering integrated business services to assigned HR Organization.
- Design, Build, Test, and Deploy Workday Integration solutions using EIB, Core Connectors, Cloud Connect and Workday Studio
- Ability to help resolve integration issues requiring in depth expertise in the Workday solution
- Demonstrated integration experience in Human Resources related domains, (Payroll, Benefits, Recruiting, etc.)
- Provide documentation and artifacts required for each phase of the development life cycle
- Develop test cases and peer review code of other developers
- Ensure compliance with technical best practices, standards and policies
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Computing, Web Services, and integration challenges.
- Design, implementation and support of new Workday HCM functionality, particularly around both internal and external integrations, performing system analysis and consulting with technology team members and other stakeholders to offer solutions using best software engineering practice
- Gather/document business requirements, analyzing current technology, data, and processes versus potential to create recommended solutions
- Provide functional support to the technical team in systems development and act as a liaison between end users and the technical team members
- Create test scripts, document test scenarios and perform testing activities
- Resolve issues and defects reported; executes standard software builds developed by software engineers
- Develop and document internal HRIS standard operating procedures (SOPs), partnering with the HR Resource Center to ensure process documentation remains current; also, produce documentation in accordance with SDLC guidelines
- A willingness to work in a fluid environment with high adaptability to change is a must for this position; the candidate should also be able to work cooperatively with cross-functional, global/remote teams
- Serves as a liaison between HR, IT, and system providers to provide systems support, analysis, and to leverage technology solutions to meet the needs of the organization
- 5 to 7 years of HR Technology experience BA/BS degree in Management of Information Systems, Computer Science, or related fields
- 5 to 7 years of HR Technology experience
- 3 years of experience with Workday functional areas like Human Resource, Payroll and Financials
- 3 years of experience with Workday Integration types including EIB, Core Connectors, Cloud Connect and Workday Studio
- 3 years of experience creating Workday custom reports and calculated fields
- 3 years integrating systems with third-party service vendors; Good understanding of Workday security
- Experience implementing Workday Integration configurations
- Ability to manage multiple work streams with conflicting deadlines
- Experience building and debugging Custom Reports, EIB's, Connectors, Document Transforms, XSLT, and Workday Studio
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to frequent change
- Create detailed system interface specifications, field mapping, and system process designs
- Develop, test and deploy integrations required to meet business requirements
- Workday Integrations Certification is a Plus
- Strategic thinker with excellent analytical skills, creativity, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong understanding of SDLC concepts, framework and deliverables
- Excellent collaboration and facilitation skills including the ability to bring together various teams and resources to deliver results
- Proactive, results oriented approach to assignments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills, and interpersonal skills interacting with various levels of the organization
- Possesses advanced knowledge, skills and abilities required to resolve more complex IT issues.
- Knowledge of planning and forecasting techniques for multiple functional areas within IT.
- Proven ability to manage a department or a group with multiple disciplines.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top