HR Shared Services Director - Workday
- Phoenix, AZ
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
The HR Shared ServicesDirector roleis a leadership position responsible for managing all aspects of the HR Shared Services (HRSS) organization, for the Americas, as well as supporting the Global Head of HRSS, including the identification, prioritization and build out of a global organization model and services.
You will have excellent collaboration skills and the ability to work with various colleagues within the Americas and across the regions and in Tokyo HR to understand business requirements and find opportunities to use technology, from a continuous improvement perspective, to enhance productivity and efficiency on a global scale.
- Advance initiatives to enhance and streamline HRSS organizational activities. Re-think how we provide services using technology, innovation and global resources.
- Continuously improve and innovate to reduce/eliminate very manual and/or duplicative processes.
- Contribute to the creation of the Global HRSS strategy and drive initiatives in line with the strategy. This includes working with the Centers of Excellence (COEs) to identify areas where work can transition into HRSS, analyzing the current process(es), designing and /or contributing to the "to be" process by collaborating with key partners and developing a plan for execution.
- Seek opportunities to identify/use vendors globally to support HRSS business processes.
- Support contract and vendor management (in partnership with Procurement & Vendor Management) for the vendors utilized.
- Partner with HR Communications and IT to create a global HR intranet strategy.
- Developing/track metrics of Americas HRSS organization and help create global HRSS metrics.
- Develop transition strategies and knowledge transfer/training where required to support the movement of activities and process into the Global HRSS organization.
- Assist in business case development for critical initiatives and monitoring progress of projects.
- Collaborate with the "sending" organization to assess impact to full time employees as required in both the sending and HRSS.
- Ensure processes and controls are in place to secure a successful transition to the global model, and to ensure the HRSS organization can provide excellent service.
- Partner with the COEs to manage the work in-take & project prioritization process for the Americas region.
- Identify ways to measure the workload and establish service level agreements (SLAs).
- Ensure the team is aligned to and responds to the strategic objectives of both HR and the business and that SLAs are communicated in a timely manner.
- Support the communication strategy to brand the Global HRSS organization, and work with the communication team to develop communications plans where required.
- Build and maintain a quality monitoring process designed to improve customer satisfaction and assure attainment of required process and compliance objectives.
- Collaborate with different COEs, and HRBPs teams to monitor overall performance of the team.
- 15+ years of experience with an international company, preferably 8+ years with a Global Financial Services Institution.
- 10+ years of process and operational improvement experience
- Experience with HR information systems
- Excellent project management capabilities with ability to identify risks, document strategies to address risk, and ability drive initiatives forward to completion.
- Must have a "can do" attitude, looking for creative solutions to problems. Willing to work after hours and on weekends depending on the needs of the business in order to meet critical timelines and function in a global environment.
- Communicate effectively and professionally
- Deliver extraordinary customer service/focus
- Process mapping
- Attention to detail
- Sophisticated excel and PowerPoint presentation skills
- Creative thinking
- Drive for results
- Collaborate and build partnerships
- Balance risk with opportunity (decision making)
- Influence and inspire others
- Lead change and seek continuous improvement
- Demonstrate global perspective
- Think strategically
- Solution based holistic thinking, planning and execution
- Time Management
Join us as we evolve our organization to become
more agile and innovative!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top