Head of Systems Management
- Tempe, AZ
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Head of Systems Management, Director
This role is responsible for Systems Management of all Business Enablement Technology applications at MUFG Americas. The person in the role will be the custodian and Technology owner of all Systems (Business Application) in the Systems Inventory and will engage with Production Support organization to ensure continuous technical operations and stability of Live platforms in support of the businesses. This role will oversea the System Managers who in turn are responsible for the Application Health Checks, coordinating the Tech Imperative work (vulnerability management, Risk & Control findings, End of Life/ End of Support, Identity & Access Management controls, Regulatory remediations), engaging with Enterprise Information Security, Internal Audit, Second Line of Defence, and Business on all Risk and regulatory matters.
- Responsible for designing and implementing the new organization structure to separate the Systems Management from Production Support and development teams. This will ensure dedicated teams for all three, the Projects, Production operations and Systems Management; in support of 800+ applications.
- Responsible for all Production Systems' ownership driven actions. A consistent approach to leading the efforts for a mature production environments/platforms is key.
- Directly responsible for the execution of Tech Imperatives like EOL/EOS, Vulnerability Management, IAM controls, FFIEC CAT Baseline, Open Pages, Archer findings etc. Other key items are SOC I/II reviews, continuous improvements in systems' health, recovery and monitoring capabilities.
- Ensure that all Business Systems are recorded, continuously updated, and are certified in the approved Systems of Record (SORs) like System / Application Health Checks, General System Inventory (GSI), Configuration Management Database (CMDB), System Documentation Service Catalog CMDB, and all related findings are updated in Archer, Open Pages, ServiceNow etc.
- Regular interactions with Risk, Technology Infrastructure & Operations, Enterprise Information Security, Internal Audit, Line Of Businesses, Second Line of Defence, and Production Support organization Leads. Occasional updates to L2 leadership via QBR and TOGC.
- Responsible for fostering an environment of collaboration and teamwork between Technology and the business units like Product, Operations and Client Delivery on Systems Management matters and an effective reporting on periodic basis.
- Connects with the Executive management team regularly to ensure business growth roadmap is well understood and communicated within functional partners.
- Responsible for ensuring staff follows organization documented policy and procedures Organizes an effective team structure, establishes criteria to measure performance and the standard personnel functions associated with managerial responsibility.
- Sets the strategic direction for technology operating model, identifies business engagement opportunities, and leads and implements changes to increase the maturity of production systems.
- Has strong business skills, and understands the goals and priorities of Retail, Private, Commercial, Wholesale and Transaction Banking businesses
- Ensures change is run with appropriate controls, clear documentation and necessary approvals including, but not limited to, implementation of new and revised regulatory reporting requirements.
- Contributes to definition and Implementation of best practices and processes for the department. Ensures transparency and consistency across teams.
- 15+ years of IT Systems management and business/industry work experience. Qualified candidate will typically have at least 10 years of experience leading multiple, medium to large, cross-functional teams in the Systems Management, Production Support or Software Development with ability to influence executive level management and key partners for investment into stable platforms and support processes
- Preference is a Technology Executive that has Banking industry background
- Certifications: IT Governance, Change Management, IT Effectiveness, Cloud, Platform Monitoring, Incident & Problem Managemen
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Must understand risk issues facing financial institutions and have experience with the assessment, identification, monitoring of technology and operational risk.
- Knowledge of IT Governance, Change Management, Resourcing & Budgeting, Production monitoring and reporting.
- Experience with tools like HPQC/HPSM/ServiceNow, Defects & Incident management, Alerting and Monitoring tools like Wiley/DynaTrace, uDeploy for Build & Deployments etc.
- Executive presenceand ability to interact with C suite on a regular basis
- Ability to be flexible, decision oriented, and motivated to establish support from senior management.
- Ability to approach strategic decisions in a consultative manner with a particular emphasis on Systems Management. Must be an extraordinarily strong technologist, with a superior intellectual capacity, who is a natural leader, bringing a business growth perspective to the organization.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of the system development life cycles, production services, client needs and application support processes
- Solid project management skills and a consistent record in leading vendor relationships and contract negotiation
- Must be able to understand the impact of technology trends on the bank's current technology capabilities
- Knowledge of regulations governing Banking technology
- Strong knowledge of the inherent risks with current Software Development practices
- Demonstrable record of influencing and motivating change
- Solid ability to build and lead teams
- Ability to recognize a crisis when it happens and know how to lead in a crisis
- Understand complex business problems
- Ability to inspire and motivate others
- Ability to educate peers and partners on the value of Stable & Scalable
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top