Global Financial Crimes Risk Assessment, Data Insights & Analytics, Assistant Vice President
- Irving, TX
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Reporting to the Head of Data Insights and Analytics (DIA), which is part of Global Intelligence and Analytics, this new position has been created for the purpose of establishing a global risk assessment data management and reporting function for MUFG. This role will be responsible for working across functions globally to support the Global Financial Crimes Division (GFCD) in providing timely analysis and reporting in support of risk assessment activities across products, services and geographies to raise management awareness, drive remediation activities, meet regulatory obligations and manage risk.
• In connection with the Global Financial Crimes program -
o Support the Head of Data Insights and Analytics, as well as the subject matter expert risk assessment managers, to compile risk assessment results and facilitate the identification of risk coverage gaps to drive necessary process enhancements.
o Perform analytics and reporting for the global enterprise-wide risk assessment.
o Support the collection, organization, and evaluation of quantitative data relevant to the risk assessment process.
o Lead the development of scoring tools and standardized metrics and reporting.
o Perform analyses to identify risks and trends in data.
• Work collaboratively across functional teams within GFCD to ensure efficient and effective data gathering and analysis for the risk assessment.
• Work collaboratively across regional and local teams to ensure data quality for the risk assessment.
• Assist the effort for a strategic global risk assessment solution by liaising closely with other risk and compliance disciplines as well as technology, issues management, testing teams, and audit.
• Design and develop BRDs, as necessary.
• Bachelor's degree. An MBA or Master's degree in analytics, business, accounting, legal or related fields is preferred
• Three (3) plus years of internal or industry experience in compliance, reporting, technology or data governance.
• Expertise in data analytics, specifically using Excel.
• Experience writing BRDs and building out or implementing technology solutions for compliance-related functions.
• Experience in developing/enhancing risk assessment-related programs.
• Experience interacting with the Executive Committee Leadership, control function leadership, and compliance subject matter experts.
• Collaborative with strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Systemic thinker across enterprise.
• Detail-oriented and organized execution.
• Experience with SharePoint or Open Pages.
• An Enterprise Risk Management perspective.
• Process-oriented with a strong ability to develop appropriate program-enhancing strategies.
• Experience interfacing with banking regulators and enforcement staff.
• Understanding of an effective financial crimes risk management framework.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization, including Bank staff, management, directors and prudential regulators.
• Ability to work autonomously and initiate and prioritize own work.
• Ability to work with teams of project managers.
• Solid judgment, strong negotiating skills, and a practical approach to implementation - including knowledge of Bank systems.
• Ability to balance regulatory requirements with the best interests of the Bank and its customers.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top