GFC IT Audit Issue Validation, Vice President
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
The Vice President, Audit Manager Position is a line management role within the Internal Audit for the Americas function. The position reports to a Director. You are primarily responsible for validation of BSA/AML & Sanction and other Compliance issues including regulatory (i.e. Consent Order) items related to technology controls. This includes testing remediation efforts, providing effective challenge and drafting and reporting closure validation templates. You are responsible for internal partner management and the supervision of and accountability for the quality of and judgment calls on issue validation matters.
This position generally does not manage staff in a reporting line relationship, but does lead staff on an engagement-by-engagement assignment basis. There is an estimated range of 5% to 10% travel varying on your location as well as the location of key staff and stakeholders.
Structure and execute efficient and effective issue validation to:
- understand technology risks identified by the issue being remediated and develop test plans to properly test the updated control environment
- create test plans to validate remediated issues and present results to management
- assess the state of the governance, risk management, and control environment aspects to determine if the issue has been properly remediated
- remediate issues raised by regulatory authorities including the OCC and FRB
- work closely with business auditors on integrated validations
- report results in an effective and timely basis including the completion of the closure validation template
- maintain compliance with audit methodology, while also operating within industry standard methodologies, applicable regulations, and internal and external professional practice expectations
- review audit team members Issue validation and Consent Order related work
- effectively manage partner relationships to a mutually accountable, productive, respectful, and trusted level
- act as a leader and role model and continuously improve self and department.
Are you ready to demonstrate your financial crimes knowledge?
- Bachelor's Degree Required - Accounting or Finance Preferred
- Ten or more years of internal or external audit or risk management experience, including management responsibility
- Experience within Financial Crimes (BSA/AML/OFAC) compliance audit preferred
- CAMS certification preferred
- Experience with the financial industry and related markets, related regulatory bodies, and current industry events and trends
- Experience working with the financial industry regulators, including OCC, FRB, and FINRA and responding to regulatory requests
- Deep knowledge of risk assessment, audit methodology, and audit execution
- Demonstrated knowledge in technology as required for assigned areas (MS Office, audit data analytics, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Aligned with MUFG Union Bank Code of Conduct, exhibits strong ethical behavior, and adheres to other similar professional requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top