FP&A Manager - Vice President
- Tempe, AZ
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Financial Analysis Manager VP is responsible for comprehensive and complex financial analyses for a business group by preparing and supervising preparation of analytical and financial reports. They will conduct and direct highly technical accounting-based research and analysis projects. Position involves making presentations and recommendations to management. May supervise one or more financial analysts.
- Responsible to regulatory authorities for implementing financial and management controls to ensure proper financial reporting, business planning or compliance.
- Coordinate with departments/business area to obtain support services such as financial reporting, insurance and legal, and then reviewing and approving the products prepared to ensure they meet regulatory standards.
- Conduct and direct complex financial studies such as detailed financial plans, interest rate analysis, operating forecasts, peer group comparisons, or determine the financial impact of regulatory requirements.
- Provide written analysis and interpretation of results.
- Recommend financial decisions.
- Oversee general ledger system, review and monitor financial reports.
- Review and reconcile vendor systems and sub systems for accuracy and adherence to accounting regulations and tie to the general ledger system.
- Review regulatory changes and compare to financial reports for accuracy and adherence to accounting regulations.
- Independently conduct investigations and correct information when necessary.
- Ensure timely filing of all financial reports.
- Stay on top of regulatory requirement and changes.
- Coordinate the annual budget process.
- May be assigned core duties in Budget/Accounting management. If assigned, core duties include the analysis and development of the budget.
- Coordinate the annual budget process.
- Works with business areas to resolve needs and builds/maintain the budget from the ground up.
- Monitor actual costs and activity within division to ensure proper treatment and accounting.
- Responsible for assigned month end reporting, including accruing for expenses, proper classification of activity and working with various departments for any additional information.
- Prepare forecasting and explanations of variance to budget to management/FP&A. Explains financial practices and accounting treatments to internal/external auditors.
- Recommend changes to the budget based on management strategies, business activities and for future needs.
- Recommend a cost accounting approach to expense needs and build a systematic process to determine the needs of each department.
- Build and prepare monthly financial reports for Executives and managers.
- Renders financial advice for planning and decision making.
- General responsibilities will be 50% budget/forecasting, 30% variance analysis,and 20% accounting for month-end close.
- Typically requires a four-year college degree and/or Master's in Accounting or Finance (or comparable work experience) and 10+ years of increasingly more complex responsibility in performing financial analysis.
- Requires the ability to conduct complex financial analysis.
- Familiarity of Hyperion based ERP is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Detail oriented with the potential to work efficiently and independently with little direct supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to include listening, verbal and written skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work under time pressure and handle several tasks/projects at the same time.
- Problem resolution skills with strong analytical skills, sound judgment and ability to work effectively with clients and technical staff.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Strong understanding of month-end close.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top