Enterprise Risk Management Specialist, Assistant Vice President
- Apache Junction, AZ
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Reporting to a manager within Risk Governance Validation (RGV), the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Specialist will advance the Bank's Risk Management culture, structure, processes and tools in support of the bank's risk governance philosophy and framework as outlined in the MUFG Americas Risk Governance Policy.
This position is part of a team of risk professionals responsible for supporting the Bank's Enterprise Risk Management framework, including validation of its effectiveness. Additionally, the person in this role will gather, analyze, aggregate and report on risk data and information to senior management. The work of the ERM Specialist may span all risk types throughout the Enterprise.
ERM Analysis : With some direction from management, the person in this position will:
• Lead key aspects of the ERM validation program including facilitation and testing of self-assessments of Risk Governance effectiveness by key process owners across the Bank
• Develop, implement and maintain ongoing risk analyses to RGV and other Bank senior management
• Identify gaps/issues within the RGV scope and develop, implement and maintain remediation activities to close the gaps
• Develop solutions to improve efficiencies and resolve analytical and/or execution problems
• Lead workshops, meetings and other forums for coordination and information-gathering with appropriate parties across the Bank
Reporting: With some direction from management, the person in this position will:
• Liaise with Risk Owners across the Bank to collect information to support ERM functions, such as risk measures for various risk categories
• Gather, analyze, aggregate and report on key enterprise risk information to RGV and other Bank senior management
Projects: With some direction from management, the person in this position will:
• Lead and participate in ERM-related projects and assist the RGV group in project execution
• Define project plan(s) to meet the project goals and objectives as established by Executive Management
• Work to assure project deliverables and goals are met or exceeded
Documentation: With some direction from management, the person in this position will:
• Generate and maintain key ERM documentation including documentation to support compliance with requirements of Risk Governance Policy and relevant regulations, and other documentation as needed.
• Manage records, data and documentation for regulatory communication.
• Ability to understand risk data and liaise with colleagues in and outside of Americas Risk Management including First, Second, and Third LOD teams
• Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving and writing skills and demonstrated ability to describe technical topics to a non-technical audience
• Ability to set and develop strategic and tactical goals and techniques for an assignment and effectively communicate this to all involved team members
• Ability to provide project management, problem resolution and comprehensive analysis and direction for multiple concurrent mission-critical projects
• Strong focus on accuracy and reliability
• Strong record of effective teamwork
• Solid understanding of MS Office Suite, MS Project, Visio, SQL/Access or other database software
Degree and Experience:
• Degree from a leading university, preferably in an analytical area
• At least 3 years of experience in similar work with demonstrated success in responsibilities of similar nature
• Education or experience to evidence analysis and maintenance of risk or financial data
• Prior bank experience a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top