Enterprise Data Architect
- Dallas, TX
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
We at MUFG embarked on a journey to transform how data is managed, governed, secured and consumed in accordance with industry best practices for data in the cloud environment (Yes, "cloud native" not "in the cloud"). This is an opportunity to participate in and help shape the data transformation for the bank as we make the data more secure, accessible and enable banks journey to new levels of business enablement. We are looking for leaders in data space to help shape the future data strategy, capabilities and enable various teams through subject matter expertise, business acumen and experience driving architecture, automation, CI/CD, DataOps and technology modernization.
- You are passionate about data, can see patterns that others miss, continuously examining the changing landscape and use the information to adapt data strategy and prioritize the problems to tackle.
- You enjoy having strategic impact at an executive level, including interaction with other leaders on intricate issues and applying strong judgement and analysis towards important architecture and business decisions
- Technically proficient and able to work closely with stakeholders to gain consensus
- You love to coach people, help then do their work better, even even better than yourself.
- Excellent written and oral skills that help you effectively present your point of view to influence and inspire those you work with.
- Navigate challenging team dynamics with tact and confidence as an objective leader
- You bring diverse perspective, an active listener with excellent interpersonal skills, articulate with both technical and business partners.
- You naturally conscious of who needs to know what, and proactively seek to share important information accordingly and appropriately
- You always think in terms of capabilities, platforms and frameworks to simplify the enterprise landscape and enable people and processesto do better
In this role you will
- Develop adata strategythat defines thecapabilitiesfor data acquisition, integration, transformation, data-ops, governance, insights, and consumption of actionable data
- Align enterprise data architecture with business and technology strategy and roadmaps and effectively communicating to business and technical partners across senior levels of the organization
- Define and evangelize the adoption of Data Architecture capabilities and standards and build architectural data processes that create repeatable and reusable capabilities totransformshow MUFG collects, curates and consumes data inreal time.
- Createstrategic,adaptivesoftwarearchitecturesandframeworksthat expose data to appropriate stakeholders and digital services
- Define and establish a technical strategy, standards, and guidelines in the data architecture domain.
- Define, design and document data services, interfaces, and data flows with big picture awareness across the enterprise
- Collaborate with business and IT partners and various practice teams to define transitional and target state data architectures
- Pragmatically implement data architecture principles, standards, patterns and frameworks using established Enterprise Architecture governance processes
- Collaborate, educate, and mentor architects and technical leaders across the firm on modern data architecture practices
- Develop and maintain strong awareness and acuity of MUFG's data domains, standards and policies
- Collaborate within the enterprise systems and services team to incorporate modernizing data governance, metadata management, and data quality into our architectural approaches and patterns
- Capture, design and publish integrative and canonical views of enterprise data at multiple levels of abstraction
- 10+ years of data modeling experience working with at least three various types of data models (RDBMS, NoSQL, Graph, Columnar, Document) and developing solutions for multiple cloud-based data platforms
- 5+ years of complex enterprise experience leading distributed data architecture efforts with subject matter authorities from varying technology and business disciplines
- 5+ years of practice experience in Domain-Driven Design, SOA, Data Management, Data Services and Platforms
- 3+ years architecting scalable, highly-available, robust, cloud centric technical solutions
- Broad knowledge of Web technologies: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends, etc.
- Enterprise-wide awareness of the business and data domains in relation to core business processes and capabilities, and enabling technology platforms
- Experience designing and/or optimizing processes to ensure operational excellence
- Applying architectural principles and govern based on established principles
- Strong architecture, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to handle ambiguous, and evolving requirements
- Experience successfully planning, influencing, and leading architecture initiatives across IT and business organizations and teams
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the company; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations
- Multiple successes delivering architecture in an agile/scrum environment
- Ability to navigate and work effectively across the organization to influence, inspire and lead others around decisions that provide clear positive results to the company
What we'd love to see
- AWS (Professional or Specialty) Certification
- Open Source management and contribution (share links please)
- End to end development lifecycle experience a plus including project management skills.
- Experience with any of the regulated industries such as Financial Service/Banking/Healthcare etc.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified .
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top