Engineering Manager - Journey Capability
- Dallas, TX
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Engineering Manager - Journey Capability, Vice President
Journey Capability Engineering Manager builds and leads a team of enterprising software developers responsible for building best in class digital experiences for MUFG customers and clients. They will be responsible for deploying complex integrated solutions aimed at modernizing, consolidating and coordinating the independently designed applications within and across the enterprises of core systems.
Leads the team that consults with internal business clients to offer solutions using best software and engineering practices. Involved in modeling information sources, flows and critical paths, as well as understanding how information is turned into knowledge and the relationship of knowledge and how it supports and enables key business processes. Facilitates the development of shared component architecture and standards. Works with operations staff to define an operational framework that defines, develops and implements delivery systems, systems management, policies and security frameworks to ensure delivery of knowledge and information to appropriate groups. Designs and develops highly scalable, digital solutions for consumer, wealth, business, commercial and corporate clients.
- Conceive, plan and implement innovative approaches to solve complex problems of diverse scope. Prepare and present technical concepts to internal audiences. Works with operations staff to define an operational framework that defines, develops and implements delivery systems, systems management, policies and security frameworks to ensure delivery of knowledge and information to appropriate groups. Regarded as an expert in development with good software engineering practices.
- Plans and organizes the development of technical support standards, evaluates software and system problems and potential solutions to application systems requirements. Will have demonstrated ability to solve complex application and data-related problems and be experienced in resolving issues relating to data security and integrity of controls.
- Initiates and develops concepts to solve extremely complex situations with little or no precedent. Creates new opportunities for the use of new technology. Provides conceptual guidance to other senior and high-level technical experts.
- Performs systems design and analysis, develops codes and testing to ensure successful and seamless communication among the various IT systems, users and applications components.
- Advanced professional level role. Works on projects that may span a broad range of systems and enterprise wide complex components. Requires in-depth knowledge across multiple technical environments and possesses increased level of business knowledge. Works on major projects providing subject matter expertise and technical direction to more junior technical staff and may be technical leader of advanced or complex projects. Lead responsibilities include directing, monitoring and assigning work to those on the team. Provides technical work guidance or mentoring. May provide input to the managers/supervisor on staff performance.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Proven experience with one or more web application frameworks such as Spring MVC, Spring Boot, JSF, Struts, Nodejs etc.
- Experience developing SOAP and REST JSON web services and clients
- Knowledge of web application security issues
- Proficiency with database design, SQL, and ORM frameworks such as Hibernate and JPA
- 5+ years of experience Leading an Engineering team and strong leadership skills to gain credibility with various business leaders and stakeholders.
- 3+ years of experience in financial services or banking industries
- Able to make complex technology and business decisions.
- Communicates effectively, clearly, concisely and in an audience-oriented way in written and verbal form both technical and nontechnical subjects
- Proficient in test automation using tools like Selenium
- Demonstrated data analysis skills
- This position will need to be familiar with following technology stack:
- Languages: Java ,J2EE, PL SQL, Java Script, JQuery, XML, IBM Streams SPL
- Application/Web Servers: Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat and JBoss
- Front-End Technologies: HTML5, XML, Java Script, JQuery, Servlets ,JSP's, JSTL, Servlets, Custom Tags, Swings, CSS3, AJAX, Angular 8+ , Bootstrap 4. Spring MVC, React
- Java/J2EE Technologies: JavaBeans, EJB, JDBC, JNDI, XML (SAX & DOM), XSLT, JMS, Apache Axis, Apache Camel, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, JAXB.
- Frameworks: Struts, Hibernate and Spring, Nodejs
- Cloud: AWS
- Development Tools: Eclipse, Net Beans, SVN, GIT, JUnit, Mockito, Log4j, Ant and Maven.
- Work Database: Oracle12g, SQL Server
- Software Development Methodologies: Waterfall Model, Agile and Test-Driven Development.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top