- Dallas, TX
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Engineering Manager, Vice President
- Consistently writes production-ready code that is easily testable, easily understood by other developers, and accounts for edge cases and errors. Understands when it is appropriate to leave comments, but biases towards self-documenting code.
- Understands the testing approach of several teams and uses quality metrics to identify gaps.
- Architects services and systems using well accepted design patterns to allow for iterative, autonomous development and future scaling. Anticipates future use cases and makes design decisions that minimize the cost of future changes.
- Evaluates and creates new product features in collaboration with the product team. Regularly participates in the creation of the team roadmap and ensuing feedback. Simplifies product and technical design through proactive conversations.
- Actively works with the security team, as well as their own team, to refine their team's approach to security based on the organization's security strategy. Fosters a security first mindset within their own team and leads by example.
- Reviews epics and projects critically and ensures they're appropriately broken down and prioritized, and well understood by the team.
- Ensures dependencies are noted and well understood by the team, at both the task and epic level. Works within their team to foster a culture of priority setting and urgency in alignment with organizational strategy.
- Effectively handles risk, change, and uncertainty within their team. Decides and acts responsibly in their work with their team without having the total picture during routine business, as well as when in high pressure situations.
- Anticipates and communicates blockers, delays, and cost ballooning within their team's projects, before they require escalation. Ensures expectations with their team and external stakeholders are clarified between all parties involved.
- Works within their team and with its business stakeholders to foster a culture of seeking out feedback and using it as a tool for growth.
- Consistently helps their teammates overcome obstacles, resolve blockers, and complete work tasks. Gives or shares credit where due.
- Works to build and improve strong relationships with their teammates, manager, their teams' relevant business stakeholders, and senior engineers across the organization. Leverages relationships to better plan for and position their team.
- Takes ownership of decisions made in their team by helping their teammates make clear decisions in alignment with organizational goals, backing decisions made, and taking responsibility for their success. Raises awareness for how biases impact decisions and ensures accountability is practiced within their team.
- Fosters a culture within their team of having conversations based on organizational strategy and principles to create alignment. Strongly oriented towards goals and ensures their team is continuously working towards their goals.
- Mentors their teammates in an open, respectful, flexible, empathetic manner. Seeks out mentoring opportunities specifically to create team redundancy and backfill ability. Mentors members of other teams as needed.
- Is able to communicate effectively with a diverse team. Fosters a culture of clear, concise, effective, audience-oriented communication on their team, ensuring teammates actively listen to others and are understood.
- Transitions quickly and independently to learn new skills, domains, languages, etc.
- Computer or Systems Engineering Degree
- Minimum 5 years experience Leading an Engineering team
- Consistently writes functions that are easily testable, easily understood by other developers, and accounts for edge cases and errors
- Communicates effectively, clearly, concisely and in an audience-oriented way in written and verbal form both technical and nontechnical subjects
- Proficient in two or more of the following programming languages Java, Python, Swift, and Android
- Proficient in test automation using tools like Selenium
- Demonstrated data analysis skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top