End User Controls (EUC) Governance Associate/AVP
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Americas Model Risk Management (AMRM) is responsible for the management of enterprise-wide model and spreadsheet risks associated with the Bank's development, deployment, and maintenance of quantitative processes. In order to manage these risks, we have developed and implemented a comprehensive framework across three lines of defense. As the second line of defense, AMRM establishes and maintains the model and spreadsheet risk management framework, including the independent validation/testing of all models and spreadsheets, and management of associated risks in the aggregate at the enterprise level.
As the End User Controls (EUC) GovernanceAssociate, you will play a key role in AMRM and report directly to the Head of AMRM Validation Support. You will manage AMRM's spreadsheets validation related activities to support our risk management program. You will be a strong risk manager with solid risk management skills and experience in at least one of the following areas: Model Risk Management, Operational Risk Management, Compliance, Internal Audit, SOX, or Regulatory Bank Supervision. You will organize and plan spreadsheet risk management related activities across various corporate entities according to Enhanced Prudential Standard regulations.
How you'll make an impact
You willsupport the Spreadsheet Risk Management Program Validation Support Activities:
- Assist spreadsheet owners to identify and inventory spreadsheets
- Work with the appropriate AMRM team members to properly classify and risk rate all inventoried spreadsheets
- Manage the AMRM spreadsheet testing pipeline, including the prioritization of spreadsheets to be independently tested by AMRM
- Supportthe annual attestation/certification of spreadsheets across the Bank to ensure that AMRM maintains a comprehensive inventory of all Bank spreadsheets
- Support both AMRM and spreadsheet owners in the use of the spreadsheet compliance and control system
- Conduct regular training for both AMRM and spreadsheet owners on the spreadsheet compliance and control system
- Solicit feedback on potential improvements to the system and work with technology to make the associated enhancements
- Support the ongoing evolution of the Spreadsheet Risk Management Program
- A ssist the Head of AMRM Validation Support and Head of Spreadsheet Control Testing in regularly improving the Bank's Spreadsheet Risk Management Program
What you'll bring to the team
- Bachelor's degree is required
- 3+ years of experience in finance, risk management or compliance in a financial services company
- Project management, audit or SOX experience are a plus
- Strong desire to learn new things and the ability to adapt to a changing environment
- You bring a high energy level with the desire to contribute to the ongoing success of AMRM at the Bank
- You possess excellent communications skills, both oral and written are critical
- You bring superb interpersonal skills, and a desire to bring value to the business
- You are a great teammate who can excel in a dynamic, challenging work environment
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Open Pages experience is a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top