Employee Relations Advisor, Associate/AVP
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
As an Employee Relations Advisor, you will provide Employee Relations Client Solutions to all levels of employees and managers in assigned geographic areas and/or business units, with an emphasis on analysis and resolution of Employee Relations (ER) issues, investigations, performance management, and organization or job changes.
How you'll make an impact:
- Contribute to the development, implementation, interpretation and administration of employee relations policies and procedures to support compliance with employment law
- Craft strategies for resolving employee issues and minimizing the adverse impact of proposed business realignments
- Ensure that all employee matters are handled with a consistent and focused approach that is aligned with Employee Relations vision and values
- Maintain confidentiality and sensitivity to all issues
- Advise, coach and influence all levels of management, including executive management, regarding critical and complex employee relations decisions e.g., performance management harassment, business conduct, job eliminations, restructuring and HR policies, practices and procedures
- Collaborate with respective HR Business Partners and managers in supporting the process and administration of organizational changes
- Conduct timely, objective and thorough internal investigations involving coordination and collaboration with other internal partners and prepare all required documentation
- Record and track ER data in the case management system in a thorough and timely manner
- Work with legal counsel on lawsuit discovery and litigation preparation
- Participate in mergers and acquisitions activity, including workforce integration
What you'll bring to the team:
- 3+ years of Employee Relations experience
- A Bachelor's degree in HR Management or related field is a plus, but not required.
- Extraordinary teammate who values accountability, integrity, collaboration and creativity
- Knowledge of local, state and Federal employment laws and regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and HRIS systems
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top