Director, Sanctions Technology
- Charlotte, NC
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Director of Sanctions Technology
As a part of Compliance Technology, the Director of Sanctions Technology will lead geographically dispersed development and implementation teams and oversee a portfolio of projects covering Sanctions Screening, List Management, Case Management, and other Sanctions controls. The Director will also set the Sanctions Technology Strategy and Roadmap in consultation with Financial Crimes, Architecture and other technology organizations. The Director will be responsible for planning and execution of projects to further the Technology Roadmap. Additionally the Director is accountable for Business-As-Usual support of Sanctions systems and management of technology related risks for Sanctions.
The Director will work closely with geographically disbursed stakeholders across a variety of businesses and functions, including Home Office staff in Tokyo. A strong track record of execution and delivery, leadership and mentoring, and influencing across organizations is essential. The Director must be experienced in presenting to executives and department heads, have a minimum of 10 years' in-depth experience in banking, Compliance and Technology, and be a proficient risk manager. The Director must also be an expert in Technology Delivery through various Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies, including Waterfall and Agile, and have a solid understanding of technology and data. Along with the Director of Compliance Application Governance, the Sanctions Technology Director will mature the Sanctions Technology team to operate in accordance with DevOps principals.
- Define and update the Sanctions Technology Roadmap and Strategy to align with Financial Crimes objectives and Bank-wide strategies
- Oversee planning and execution of Sanctions Technology projects aligning to the Roadmap and addressing Sanctions control deficiencies
- Manage geographically dispersed development and implementation teams and develop team members
- Oversee Business As Usual activities including production issue diagnosis and remediation, audits, and regulatory exams and requests
- Manage technology related risks for Sanctions controls
- Report on projects and initiatives to senior executives
- Proactively ensure effective and efficient execution of projects and internal initiatives, and deep dive where necessary to solve problems, to ensure on schedule delivery of high quality products and services
- Validate proposed conceptual and solution architecture, determine pros and cons, and provide recommendations and options
- Hands on support of the Engineering team during planning, design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance
- Analyze and improve existing systems, operations, and processes with the objective of instilling a culture of continuous improvement in the organization
- 10+ years' experience implementing technology solutions at large banks or financial institution
- 5+ years' experience directly managing employees
- Deep technical expertise in technology areas such as Cloud Adoption, Cloud migration and deployment, Digital Transformation, Database and Middleware, DevOps pipeline build and management
- Experience in enterprise software design and development tools, application and cloud architectures
- Experience in designing solutions that are practical, flexible, scalable, reusable, strategic that are achieved through the application of industry proven architectural principles, standards and governance
- Ability to write basic scripted, SQL, or compiled code.
- Experience in data management.
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Understanding of application, server, web services and network security
- Knowledge of AML risks and controls
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience presenting to executive level management and department heads
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years' experience implementing AML technology solutions
- CAMS certification
- AWS Professional Certification, eg. AWS Solutions Architect Professional
- Track record of implementing AWS services and AML technology products from various vendors
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses
Back to top