Development Team Lead
- Tempe, AZ
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
We're seeking a Sr. Software Engineer to support the Core Banking Transformation (CBT) Program. This is a multi-year effort to modernize our deposits platform with a digitally-led and simplified ecosystem for consumer, small business, commercial, and transaction banking to deliver exceptional customer experience.
As the Sr. Software Engineer you will lead the development efforts to integrate MUB's current application ecosystem with the new Core Deposits platform that will provide the foundation for transforming deposit services at MUFG Americas. While transitioning the bank from a traditional ecosystem to a real-time deposit services platform, you will be responsible for the overall code quality and actualized requirements of the microservices platform.
- Design, develop, test, monitor, and release software to integrate the new core banking deposit system with the MUFG application ecosystem.
- End-to-end implementation of our Distributed Transaction Auditing and Reconciliation System Log.
- Provide practical implementation approaches to ensure development is aligned with the desired target state.
- Implement and adhere to security standards.
- Lead integration tests, performance frameworks, and chaos engineering.
- Handle observability, monitoring, and maintenance system for constant view of state and health of the system for utilization by L1, L2 and L3 support.
- Provide level 3 support for systems worked on.
the right candidate will have:
- 8+ years of experience in designing, developing, and delivering service solutions within a complex environment, possessing expert-level skills in three or more of the following areas:
- Core Banking Solutions
- Channels Platforms (Mobile, Call Center, Branches, Online Banking, etc.)
- ETL Software, Data Warehouse, etc.
- Service-Oriented Architectures
- Mainframe Platforms
- Real-time systems
- Proficiency in two or more common software development languages such as Java, C#, C++, Python
- Experience with event-based programming and streaming
- Experience integrating new technology and platforms with legacy systems
- Self-sufficient in dev and test with containers and/or cloud services for prototyping upstream systems
- Possess an automate everything mindset, from CI/CD based deployment to team collaboration
- Familiar with DevOps toolchain, i.e. BitBucket, JIRA, Jenkins Pipeline, Artifactory or Nexus
- Experienced in iterative/agile team management including transformation at scale
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Comfortable with being the "go-to" person for the hard technical challenges that others avoid
- Ability to find a solution with limited guidance
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Experience with Apache Kafka, Flink, NiFi, Hadoop, Cassandra, JanusGraph, etc
- Experience converting from monolithic to microservices
- Good understanding of modern, cloud-native application models and patterns
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified .
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses
Back to top