Data Solutions Architect
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group
Data Solution Architect, Data Platforms, Vice President
The Data Solution Architect for Commercial Lending and Bank Operations provides advanced technology architecture expertise on decisions and priorities for these business domains,to furthers the bank's vision for technology and is a leader in strategy and innovation to solve business needs.
Platform Architecture (50%)
- Develop current and future state architecture blueprints, strategies, and roadmaps to achieve the target state for the Bank's Data Platforms.
- Collaborate with your stakeholders and other business partners to define and develop the data architecture and data solution roadmap for the functional areas of the platform.
- Establish Architecture Decision requirements, conduct Proof of Concepts (PoC) and socialize architectural decisions (KT Analysis).
- Maintain an organization-wide view of business and application architecture and communicate across all levels of the organization to educate and inform the impact of change.
- Influence change opportunities and investments to achieve the target state.
- Analyze the current architecture to identify weaknesses and develop improvement such as enhancing business processes, expanding capacity, reducing time and cost, reduction of technology obsolescence and increasing overall effectiveness.
- Maintain and advance deep technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights, and share within the technical community.
- Deliver code for PoCs, Patterns, SDKs, Patterns, Coding guidelines that you propose (Lead by example)
- Cultivate platform awareness across the company, business partners and developers.
- Establish and publish architecture, design and development pattern to improve development efficiency, improve delivery quality and streamline the change management process for the platforms.
- Direct engagement of the developer community through meetups, roadshows, boot camps, hackathons, lectures, training and other channels of education.
- Create content to engage developer audience through social media, videos, blog posts and documentation
- Showcase platform capabilities with sample code and demos that developers at large can use.
- Engage with the business and technology teams during planning phase to influence the investment to drive the strategic vision; enable partners to visualize the target state and achievement of benefits;
- Draw connections across the enterprise to promote reusability of efforts and assets
- Collaborate with other architects, information security, application development, and infrastructure teams to produce complete and optimal architecture/design.
- Produce designs for cost effective solutions that take into consideration project and operational expenses.
- Drive alignment of business solutions to architectural standards.
- Decompose project scope into multi-phase/generation projects, build prototypes to demonstrate new concepts and technology, and communicate effectively across project stakeholders of various levels and disciplines to influence change and drive clarity.
- B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field and over 10 years of experience in multiple IT areas with at least 5 years of direct, relevant architecture, design and delivery experience.
- Experience architecting/building one or more of Data Lakes, MDM, Data Governance, GL Reconciliation, Metadata driven automation, Report Automation Regulatory/Financial Risk/Non Financial Risk etc
- Excellent subject matter expertise in algorithms, architecture/design patterns, process flow automation.
- Experience architecting/implementing end-to-end data solutions including data model, data pipelines and BI products to solve complex business requirements.
- Experience developing Banking/Financial Services solution architecture blueprints, strategies, and roadmaps
- Be able to assess requirements, designs, test plans, deployment plans and perform peer reviews. Ability to prioritize projects and keep multiple streams of work on schedule.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and find opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres, DynamoDB, Redis, Influx DB etc.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow tools: Wherescape Streaming, StreamSets Data Collector etc.
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Kafka, AWS Kinesis, Apache Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C# etc.
- Skilled and passionate verbal and written communicator with ability to communicate with executive and technical audience in appropriate language using most suitable communication tools.
- Ability to travel, including out of state
- AWS (Professional or Specialty) Certification
- Open Source management and contribution
- End to end development lifecycle experience a plus including project management skills.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top