Data Quality Developer/Analyst, AVP
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Support Data Governance policies and perform necessary functions of project initiatives in support of the Office of the Chief Data Officer (OCDO). This position requires good technical, business, and analytical skills to assist in data quality monitoring & measuring, root cause analysis, logical design, testing, reporting, and requirement gathering. For the build-out of the Data Governance Program, the incumbent will be required to help promote data accountability, write technical data quality rules, monitor data quality results through an executive Data Quality Scorecard. This will require coordination and performance of data remediation across the Americas, and coordinate, define and attain certification on data Golden Sources and definitions (Metadata) and ensure alignment with established controls starting with Key Data Elements across Business Lines.
- Support the Data Quality Program, including the creation and execution of DQ queries using Informatica IDQ and JIRA, management of DQ exceptions, and support of a DQ Scorecard.
- Assist in growing the monitoring and measurement activities across the Americas.
- Perform data profiling and review profiling results with responsible business lines
- Analyze and build new DQ rules using Informatica, introducing new features, coordinating software upgrades, and migrating existing procedures.
- Assist in the expansion of the data quality scorecard to incorporate new items and improve efficiencies.
- Analyze gaps and deficiencies within business areas by studying current reporting and analytical practices
- Support data clean-up and reconciliation through root cause analysis (RCA) and coordination of production changes. RCA will require hands-on data analysis using SQL.
- Implement and update data governance procedures, standards, training documents, presentations, and Data Governance detail plans.
- Assist Business Data Stewards and Business Process Owners to achieve Data Quality & Monitoring goals.
- Participate in testing activities at all levels to include (test plans, test cases and test scripts).
- Build domain expertise.
- Identify gaps between current capabilities and new requirements.
- Assist the Chief Data Office with various department related activities.
- 5+ years of experience in a financial services organization to include Compliance, Data Governance, Data Warehousing, and Reporting.
- Programming experience is nice to have.
- Proficient to advanced SQL skills required: querying, tuning, designing
- Strong knowledge of Relational Databases (Database Administrator [DBA] experience a plus)
- Competent knowledge of data quality tools such as Informatica or SAS
- Experience with JIRA is a plus
- Hands-on support with semi-technical tools, i.e. Access, Advanced Excel
- Able to oversee with both business and technology, ability to understand the details and suggest standard methodology solutions
- Knowledge of banking products
- Experience in Risk Management or understanding the concept
- Familiar with Data Governance and Data Quality control process
- Data analysis and Root Cause Analysis
- Familiarity with key regulatory requirements that affect how data is generated, manipulated, recorded and reported (SOX, BIS II etc.)
- Understanding of operations, technology, and SDLC
- Self-starter and independent learner
- Articulate, good verbal and written communication skills, experience preparing and leading presentations
- Detail-oriented with superior time management abilities
- Experience in project work, analysis, and planning. Project experience includes testing phases: System Integration (SIT) and User Acceptance (UAT) and efficient partner communication
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified .
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top