Data Profiling and Analysis, Vice President - Core Business Transformation
- Tempe, AZ
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we care about the details that matter most to our clients. We have our clients' best interest in mind, drawing on more than 150 years of experience to understand their distinct needs and tailor our solutions. We're part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world's most trusted financial group. Trust starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential. Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded.
The Business Data Quality Analyst will work closely with technology, operations, and business leadership in the data space on both tactical and strategic data technology solutions, in line with the strategic data architecture and project objectives. Within the scope of the Core Banking Transformation (CBT) project, this position will participate in or may lead rationalization exercises to challenge the complexity of our current data environment and help evangelize solutions that are positioned to scale for future business growth. The candidate will collaborate with business and technology partners in support of enterprise data quality, data management and data driven projects, and data quality measurement and reporting. The candidate will contribute to assessments of current environment, drive implementation of future state models, and contribute to the data acquisition and conversion playbooks.
The Business Data Quality Analyst should have demonstrated experience in the following areas:
• Strong management, organizational and evaluative process skills
• Analyzes complex organizational, operations, and technical issues related to data and data technology and sees opportunities to improve quality and business value
• Validated ability to build and maintain productive business relationships with internal partners and external vendor
• Keen understanding of data modeling and database design practices and artifacts
• Experience with IT infrastructure, IT application technologies and frameworks
• Experience in emerging data technologies and strategies
• Experience in highly distributed complex business and technology environments
• Delivery of large, complex, and high-demand project.
The Business Data Quality Analyst will be accountable for delivering against tactical and strategic execution efforts within the Core Banking Transformation (CBT) effort, including:
• Conduct analysis and make recommendations for key decisions that align execution activities to project objectives, broader enterprise goals, and critical business outcomes
• Responsible for execution of workstream activities within defined cost, time, and quality constraints
• Regularly produce business focused updates and communication on how workstream activities align to business goals and broader project level deliverables
• Responsible for coordination, integration, and alignment with other key data initiatives and organizations.
• Support the Data Quality Program, including the creation and execution of DQ queries using Informatica IDQ and JIRA, management of DQ exceptions, and support of a DQ Scorecard.
• Perform data profiling and review profiling results with responsible business lines
• Analyze and build new DQ rules using Informatica
• Analyze gaps and deficiencies within business areas by studying current reporting and analytical practices
• Support data clean-up and reconciliation through root cause analysis (RCA) and coordination of production changes. RCA will require hands-on data analysis using SQL.
• Participate in testing activities at all levels to include (test plans, test cases and test scripts).
• Build domain expertise.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
• 5-7+ years of experience in a financial services organization to include Compliance, Data Governance, Data Warehousing, and Reporting.
• Programming experience is nice to have.
• Proficient to advanced SQL skills required: querying, tuning, designing
• Strong knowledge of Relational Databases (Database Administrator [DBA] experience a plus)
• Competent knowledge of data quality tools such as Informatica or SAS
• Experience with JIRA is a plus
• Hands-on support with semi-technical tools, i.e. Access, Advanced Excel
• Able to oversee with both business and technology, ability to understand the details and suggest standard methodology solutions
• Knowledge of banking products
• Experience in Risk Management or understanding the concept
• Familiar with Data Governance and Data Quality control process
• Data analysis and Root Cause Analysis
• Familiarity with key regulatory requirements that affect how data is generated, manipulated, recorded and reported (SOX, BIS II etc.)
• Understanding of operations, technology, and SDLC
• Self-starter and independent learner
• Articulate, good verbal and written communication skills, experience preparing and leading presentations
• Detail-oriented with superior time management abilities
• Experience in project work, analysis, and planning. Project experience includes testing phases: System Integration (SIT) and User Acceptance (UAT) and efficient partner communication
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top