Data Analytics Analyst, Associate
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Credit Review is a key department within MUFG's third line of defense. Our mission is to provide executive management and the Board of Directors with an independent view of asset quality and credit risk management practices across all businesses or functions that create or manage credit exposure. We are a team of seasoned risk management professionals with deep credit analysis and transaction skills across wholesale and investment banking, capital markets, commercial, and consumer banking domains.
Credit Review is a global function with four primary hub locations in London, Tokyo, Singapore and New York. Each location operates as a standalone department covering its respective geographic region with dual accountability to local legal entity Board committees as well as to global Credit Review department leadership in Tokyo.
The position resides within the Americas Credit Review (ACR) department which provides coverage for credit exposure originated or managed in the United States, Canada and Latin America. The position is located in either MUFG's Tempe, AZ or New York, NY offices.
The Associate Analytics position is a key role within ACR's Strategy, Operations, Analytics and Reporting (SOAR) team, reporting to the Director - Head of SOAR who is a member of ACR's Senior Leadership Team (SLT). The Associate role works with examiners to source and analyze exposure and credit risk data, perform analyses, and build reports to generate insights. You will help examiners with portfolio analysis, sample construction, issues analysis, annual planning, and generating both standardized and ad hoc reports for various audiences, including the Board of Directors. You participate in regulatory interactions as well as in various projects as needed, such as policy or procedure drafting, contributing to development of a long-term data and technology strategy, and strategizing the use of automation in future department activities.
- You provide data loading and analytical support for ACR Examiners to support exam sampling and analysis of portfolio trends
- You generate standard or custom reports summarizing business, financial, or economic data for review by Examiners, Management, and other partners
- You prepare manuals and train colleagues to follow new analytic strategies and controls
- You work with the IT shared services for maintenance and updates to ACR's core systems
- You lead strategic initiatives and other projects for the department in support of achieving ACR's objectives
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, accounting, finance or a related field; MBA or MS degree preferred
- You have five or more years of banking, financial services or consulting experience (i.e. Big 4), including significant data analytics and reporting
- You have expertise in design and implementation of operational data stores and data warehouses on one of the leading platforms (e.g. Oracle, DB2, Teradata, Sybase, SQL Server)
- You have experience in design and implementation of ETL solutions using one of the leading packages (e.g, Informatica, Ab Initio, DataStage)
- You have knowledge of risk data models with one of the industry leading tools (e.g. ERWin, Infosphere, PowerModeler, Toad Data Modeler)
- You have implemented a wide variety of Business Intelligence platforms and dashboarding capabilities across Regulatory and Management reporting in the Risk functional areas using leading reporting and visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Business Objects, SAS)
- You use SDLC tools like Bitbucket, Jenkins, Autosys etc.
- You demonstrate knowledge of using databases and developing technology or analytics applications to achieve business objectives
- You show strong influencing skills; successful track record coordinating / integrating efforts across multiple groups of constituents
- You contribute or lead multiple projects simultaneously towards intended deliverables
- Shown experience presenting to and interacting with senior partners; track record of effectively calibrating messages and communication style for senior audiences
- Knowledge and experience with credit review department operations, methodologies and processes, including regulatory expectations, is a plus
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to professionally communicate and write expertly
- Travel 0-20%, depending on primary location
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top