Customer Service Associate JCS - Specialist
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group
Reporting to the Supervisor of the Japanese Customer Service Unit, the Customer Service Associate is responsible for providing extraordinary customer service to the Japanese deposit customer of the bank. Resolve problems, answer questions, handle transaction, arrange for special requests, and make decisions under assigned authority. Provide a high level of responsiveness when working with clients and account officers/sales officers regarding a customer relationship. Analyze data and make recommendation as to exposure and possible risk to the bank on, new accounts, wire transfers, book transfers, overdraft conditions and uncollected funds usage.
- Handle requests from customers for deposit related activities such as the opening of new accounts and time deposits, wire transfers, stop payments, issuance of cashier's checks, foreign drafts and problem resolution.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding deposit products, account analysis, service charges, and cash management services.
- Review credit report, gather information, recommend items to be returned or paid and inform account officers of any OD, NSF. or UCF situation.
- Contact customers in accordance with request from account officer.
- Resolve routine problems of limited scope and complexity following established policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with various bank departments in the identification and resolution of operational issues.
- Bilingual skills required: Japanese and English Excellent communication skills required.
- Able to work independently with maximum efficiency.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks with excellent follow up.
- Flexibility and willingness to work any schedule.
- PC knowledge (Microsoft Office Suite).
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Prefer previous experience in a banking or financial call center environment.
Hours: Monday through Friday 2:30pm - 11:00pm. Sunday schedule on rotation. Twilight Shift Differential of 8%.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top