Credit Risk Manager, Director
- New York, NY
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
As the Credit Risk Manager, you are responsible for the 2nd line of defense Middle Market Sponsor Direct Lending business. This includes providing credit recommendations on new transactions and managing a portfolio of middle market sponsor leveraged loans. You will work closely with senior members of the business line and provide structuring and legal documentation input on transactions. You will recommend, monitor and handle transactions and the credit exposure in the portfolio and develop exposure management programs when appropriate.
Active portfolio management of designated customers
- Responsible for credit exposure to a portfolio of middle market borrowers
- Identify the potential credit deterioration of individual companies in the portfolio and maintain timely and accurate risk ratings
- Staying current on changes and potential changes in the sector and regulatory developments is an important part of your job
- Coordinate and communicate critical account information independently and directly to various related parties including the business line, product groups, and credit divisions
- Additional responsibilities will include presentations to senior executives, discussions with internal auditors and external regulators
- Advise junior team members, providing quality control for credit applications and/or approval memos
- Participate in and contribute to special assignments and projects as required
- Work with the business line to identify and mitigate structural and other risks in prospective transactions
- Evaluate credit opportunities along with the business line and perform detailed credit analysis taking in to consideration industry, business, legal and financial risks, and make recommendations to management operate
- Provide real-time feedback to deal teams about MUFG risk appetite for transactions
- Provide structuring input and make recommendations on credit requests based on fundamental analysis and maintain a comprehensive knowledge on individual companies and the industries in which they operate
- Advise the Business Line on credit risk issues/terms and conditions to build the best possible transaction, focusing on the risk/return dynamic and on minimizing potential credit costs
- Ensure compliance with external regulatory/internal policy and procedural requirements
- Participate in ad-hoc policy meetings to improve organization wide credit risk framework
- Bachelor's Degree or Masters in business or a related field
- CFA is desirable
- 10+ years of work experience in credit and risk related functions with a minimum of 5 years of experience in analyzing middle market leveraged transactions is required
- In-depth knowledge of corporate credit analysis, loan structures/documentation and credit and risk management issues is critical
- Understanding of the issues related to the regulatory environment (FRB,OCC, FDIC)
- Creative, dedicated teammate with the ability to build positive relationships
- Comfortable with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are critical
Join us as we evolve our organization to become
more agile, innovative and inclusive!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top