CRCO Issue Management Practices and Methodology Leader, Vice President
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
The Vice President, of Issue Management Practices and Methodology, is a leadership role within the Central Risk & Controls Office (CRCO), reporting to the Director of the Issue Management Practices and Methodology team. This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining standard practices and methodology across the issue management lifecycle, assessing compliance with the Issue Management Policy across all Lines of Defense (LoD), developing and maintaining the Issue Management Procedure, inspiring change to improve processes, procedures, and quality throughout the Issue Management lifecycle and the CRCO function. Responsibilities also include the development and execution of training and supporting the CRCOIssue Management Practices and Methodology Director on select projects.
- Coordinate the Issue Management Procedures, standards and tools: Establish consistent procedures, standard methodologies and processes to support compliance with the Issue Management Policy. This includes the design and development of common tools and / or templates to enable execution of the procedures. Ensure all activities are well documented and supported with evidence so a third party can understand what was done and the rationale for conclusions.
- Socialize Changes and Conduct Training: Develop communication materials to disseminate information to affected partners / users
- Performance Standards Monitoring: Monitor the quality and completeness of completion of minimum requirements as part of the issue management lifecycle
- Identify Enhancement Opportunities: Enhance procedures and processes per lessons learned and feedback from users and generate insightful, meaningful observations and offer solutions that effectively convey significance and impact on risk and/or risk management practices
- Conduct Quality Assurance: Conduct risk-based assessment of the adherence to the Issue Management Policy and Procedures; this includes real time reviews of methodology and practices processes
- Central management of internal and external reviews: Lead and manage the effective execution of internal and external regulatory exams and remediation requirement
- Special projects: Work with the CRCOteam on select projects and initiatives to drive strategy
- Relationships: Effectively build positive relationships (internally and externally) to mutually accountable, productive, respectful, and trusted level
- Accountability and Leadership: Demonstrate leadership and management over the strategy and execution of deliverables, and demonstrable professional skepticism and personal accountability
- Expertise: Maintain knowledge of and industry leading practices around practices and improvement
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field
- Minimum 8 years of work experience concentrated in Financial Services and 5+ years in risk management and/or controls related roles
- Strong knowledge of issue management lifecycle, issue remediation and validation requirements, risk and control framework, quality assurance reviews, operational risk management and senior management / committee reporting
- Strong understanding of audit practices and methodology
- Ability to influence partners and challenge the status quo, including handling conflicts and issue resolution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Highly motivated, self-starter, problem solver, solution oriented
- Highly organized with strong MS Office skills, in particular Word and PowerPoint and ability to run effective Web based meetings.
- Consistent track record in project management and coordination / integration efforts across multiple groups
- Familiarity with Bank regulators and experience coordinating with regulators preferred, but not required
- Big 4 or top tier management consulting experience is plus
- Professional certifications, such as the CERP, CCSA or CIA are helpful
Join us as we evolve our organization to become
more agile, innovative and inclusive!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top