Corporate Real Estate (CRE) Director of Transactions Management and Lease Administration
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Are you an experienced corporate real estate leader ready to take on a new challenge?
In this newly created role, you will be a key member of the Corporate Real Estate senior leadership team and willdirect Transaction Management and Lease Administration services across MUFG's U.S. real estate portfolio of ~450 office and retail locations totaling 5.6 million square feet with annual negotiations in excess of $150 million.
You will report to the Managing Director of Corporate Real Estate and will be responsible for leading, managing, developing and implementing expert real estate transaction and lease audit solutions in support of MUFG businesses.
With over 150 leases covering in excess of 1.5 million square expiring within the next three years, you will take on the task of immediately securing significant cost save and revenue generating opportunities, resulting in tangible benefits to the organization's net income and ROE.
As the leader of this team, you will:
- Provide strategic, forward-thinking leadership of all real estate transaction activities including new site acquisitions, lease renewals, dispositions, sale-leasebacks and revenue-generating third party leasing and subleasing
- Implement industry-leading best practices to achieve superior financial returns while maintaining optimal lease/operational flexibility
- Drive significant increase in revenue through your asset monetization expertise
- Develop, recommend and implement a portfolio-wide transaction strategy for the acquisition and disposition of property, using your broad contacts among institutional landlords
- Deliver significant expense savings through a rigorous lease audit process
- Implement a transactions reporting system to provide transparency on deal status
- Ensure Transactions Management has optimal integration with other CRE functions, including Strategy and Planning, Project Management, Facilities Management and Finance
- Establish annual and longer-term operating budget forecasts and projections
- Build positive relationships with senior bank leadership and collaborate with corporate partners to negotiate, influence, prioritize and meet business objectives
What you bring to the team:
A Bachelor's degree with a Master's degree preferred, and 15+ years of corporate real estate transaction management experience be a key component of your past successes.
Above all, you're an extraordinary leader who values accountability, integrity, collaboration and creativity.
- You have experience and strong technical knowledge in all areas of commercial real estate negotiations and deal structuring
- Proven ability to deliver results through best practices and consistent service delivery
- Vast contacts within the institutional landlord community, and a history of managing senior level partnerships to improve value
- You bring a strong history of extracting additional value and tailoring Transaction Management systems (e.g. CoStar) to increase rigor of end-to-end leasing process
- Experience managing and leading teams that are outsourced to strategic real estate vendor partners
- You bring strong analytic skills and financial acumen
- Highly developed communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and executive reporting), with ability to explain complex facilities management topics to a variety of colleagues across all levels of MUFG
- You have the ability to build effective relationships and lead decision-making
- Demonstrated orientation towards teamwork and collaboration, along with an ability to influence individuals at all levels of an organization
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified .
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top