Compliance Technology Business Analyst, Assistant Vice President
- Charlotte, NC
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Reporting to the Compliance Technology Chief of Staff, the analyst will be responsible for reporting on the status of projects, BAU requests, production issues, and resource allocation. The analyst will also assist the Chief of Staff in tracking budgets and expenses, preparing sourcing requests and operational spend requests, and tracking task completion. The analyst will be key to the operations of Compliance Technology, and as such, will work closely with department directors and interface with leaders in other areas of Corporate Functions Technology as well as other groups within the Bank.
As a part of Compliance Technology, the Business Analyst (BA) will help Financial Crimes Office of the Americas (FCOA) design technology solutions to address risks and control deficiencies. The BA will act as an expert consultant and advise FCOA on the best ways to meet their needs, presenting various options. The BA will then work with Compliance Technology developers to refine designs and create detailed business requirements.
The ability to quickly grasp compliance concerns and synthesize options is critical. The BA must work closely with geographically disbursed stakeholders across a variety of businesses and functions. Polished oral and written communication skills and the ability to build relationships is essential
Projects will cover Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Economic Sanctions for both retail and institutional client businesses. AML includes Know Your Customer (KYC), transaction monitoring, Currency Transaction Reports (CTR) and AML data analysis.
- Manage project forecasting and intake
- Create reports and present on projects, production issues, budgets, and resource allocation
- Track completion of critical tasks
- Submit sourcing requests and operating spend requests
- Discuss compliance concerns with FCOA, and advise on possible solutions
- Refine proposed solutions and estimate resource requirements in consultation with technology developers
- Build wire frames, report layouts and other artifacts to help FCOA and business and technology stakeholders understand proposed solutions and refine business and functional requirements
- Review and edit Business Requirement Documents, Project Planning Documents, Functional Requirement Documents and Detailed Design Documents
- Act as an expert resource during project initiation and execution to ensure that the project meets business objectives
- 3+ years of in-depth experience in banking and compliance
- 3+ years of experience implementing technology solutions at large banks or financial institutions
- Proficiency in Risk Management.
- Experience in various Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies, including Waterfall and Agile
- Solid understanding of technology and data
- Polished oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build relationships are essential
- Well organized, able to work with minimal supervision
- Experience working with MS Excel
- Experience creating PowerPoint presentations
- In-depth knowledge of Compliance Risks and Risk Management, including Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions
- Experience developing business requirements to solve complex problems in consultation with business partners
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience writing detailed business requirements and functional requirements
- Experience presenting to senior stakeholders
- Experienced in SDLC methodologies including Waterfall and Agile
- Knowledge of SQL and experience analyzing data preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- CAMS certification preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top