Compliance Officer - Risk & Control Function Compliance, Vice President
- Irving, TX
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Americas Compliance is part of the Americas Risk Management function and is responsible for helping the Company meet regulatory requirements and ethical expectations of our customers, our shareholder, and the regulatory community by fostering a strong culture of ethics and compliance with laws, regulations, and compliance policies.
This position will assist Americas Compliance execute the Compliance Risk Management Program across the Risk & Control Functions, such as Human Resources, Finance, Legal and Risk and will specifically focus on compliance matters related to Credit Risk.
Principal functions and responsibilities:
This position will assist the Head of Risk & Control Function Compliance:
- Pr ovide compliance-related guidance regarding products/ services, new initiatives, complaints and issues resolution
- Monitor for regulatory change, perform analysis of changes, and oversee business implementation of changes
- Establish compliance policies, evaluate compliance-related procedures and controls, and provide training to address compliance requirements.
- Perform independent compliance risk assessments to determine the level of inherent and residual risk and assess the effectiveness of compliance-related controls.
- Perform independent testing and monitoring of key compliance-related requirements and controls.
- Help maintain an effective relationship with our regulators and resolve compliance-related issues in a timely manner.
- Provide management, including through governance committees, with comprehensive reporting necessary to assess the effectiveness of the Compliance program.
- Assist with the delivery of compliance related training, including preparing related materials
- Participate in projects as assigned by supervisor and/or Compliance senior management.
- Minimum of 7 - 10 years of compliance and/or risk management experience with focus on U.S. banking law and regulations
- Education: BS/BA required; or extensive banking background in compliance/risk
- Strong knowledge of U.S. banking laws, regulations and policies
- Working knowledge of MS Office products: Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, well organized with strong attention to detail and strong analytical and written communication skills
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top