Compliance Officer, Assistant Vice President - Privacy Office
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
The AVP, Privacy Compliance Officer will support the MUFG America's Privacy Compliance Program as a privacy subject matter expert covering the regional bank lines of business, reporting to the Regional Bank VP Privacy Compliance Lead. This role is responsible for assessing privacy risks and providing consulting and advice to the business, information technology, risk and control functions and other key stakeholders to identify and mitigate privacy risks. The Privacy Compliance Officer will be responsible for supporting the execution of privacy compliance program activities, such as policy and training development, risk assessments, issue management, compliance monitoring and vendor due diligence.
A key aspect of this role will be to collaborate with project teams in the capacity as a privacy subject matter expert to evaluate privacy risks for key banking initiatives related to consumer banking platforms, privacy notices and preference management. The Privacy Officer will work closely with the line of business compliance officers in the ongoing development of key compliance controls as well as with 1st line risk and control group owners.
• Provide privacy subject matter expertise support for the Regional Bank, including for strategic projects and initiatives.
• Provide advice and support for privacy notice and privacy preference management initiatives.
• Perform assigned compliance monitoring activities.
• Perform validation reviews for privacy Regional Bank Compliance Risk Assessments.
• Support Compliance implementation workstreams for implementing new or changing U.S privacy regulations including, the California Consumer Privacy Act.
• Assist with privacy related regulatory and audit exams and requests for information.
• Prepare Regional Bank Privacy reporting for senior leadership and for presentation at the Americas Privacy Compliance Forum.
• Support the goals and objectives of the Americas Privacy Program
- A BA or BS is required plus CIPP or CISSP or equivalent certifications are highly desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience supporting privacy compliance programs.
- Experiential knowledge of large bank compliance programs and privacy compliance methodologies.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in banking regulatory compliance or similar work experience in compliance or risk management.
- Strong knowledge of U.S privacy laws, regulations, and best practices, including GLBA, California Privacy Laws (including CCPA), CAN-SPAM, TCPA, state breach notification requirements and industry standards/ frameworks.
- Experience supporting and advising on privacy preferences, privacy notices, marketing technologies and digital media platforms and related data privacy implications.
- Experience with the execution of compliance risk assessments
- Strong research, writing and presentation skills including the capability to prepare .
- Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams within first, second, and third line disciplines.
- Intermediate to Expert skill in Microsoft Office software applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Back to top