CBT Senior Program Manager, Director
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
CBT Senior Program Manager, Director
MUFG is undergoing a significant transformation to make us not only more agile, but powered by resilient, flexible technology and data stack. This means investing in talent, technologies and tools that put our clients' and colleagues' needs first.
We're seeking a Program Manager to work in our Core Banking Transformation group. This group supports a multi-year effort to modernize our deposits platform with a premier digitally-led and simplified ecosystem for consumer, small business, commercial and transaction banking to deliver outstanding customer experience and provide the bank a high-reaching advantage in the market
In this role, you will direct, plan, develop and implement the most complex projects or initiatives to accomplish goals and business objectives. You will provide comprehensive analysis and direction for multiple concurrent projects and may lead multiple projects or other projects through other project managers.
- Responsible for lead project management of the most complex/critical projects or leads in multi-functional projects with large impact to the enterprise.
- Provides comprehensive analysis direction for multiple concurrent mission critical projects. May manage multiple projects or other projects through other project managers.
- Spearheads and leads business unit projects by identifying, establishing and utilizing a wide variety of technical and business resources.
- Defines and develops the overall plans to meet the project goals and objectives.
- Develops the project management processes and methodologies to build specifications to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
- Builds the project charter, planning stage estimates and approval, communications plan, governance council packages and business case preparation.
- Uses approved project management techniques to track progress against planned targets throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Tracks key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
- Conducts project meetings. Directs team and monitors work efforts; identifies resource needs, performs quality review; escalates functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
- Responsible for taking action to obtain resolutions of critical issues. Negotiates resolutions on project hurdles that threaten cost, schedule or project scope.
- May manage outside vendors.
- May investigate and develop resolution of complex business or project issues, including analysis, solution facilitation and development, approval, management communication, and implementation
- Responsible for being a recognized subject matter expert internally and externally within a discipline(s)/area and often provides strategic direction, guidance and integration of products and services to senior management.
- Develops and delivers management and project-related presentations as needed.
- Provides feedback for process improvement, lessons learned, program enhancements, and strategic alignment with business or other programs
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Completion of PMP or other equivalent certification (preferred)
- 12-15 years of experience in a highly regulated environment (e.g., financial, government, healthcare, etc.)
- Experience managing packaged software implementations within a complex existing or 'legacy' system environment
- Modern PM tool skills (Jira, Confluence)
- Experience managing software lifecycle projects using waterfall or iterative methodologies
- Experience driving interpersonal behavior change and adoption of new software
- Interest in adapting new technologies
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in the financial services industry
- 12-15 years of experience in technology program management functions
- Ability to travel out of state
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top