Business Systems Analyst, EDP Data Sourcing
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
EDP Data Sourcing Business Systems Analyst, Assistant Vice President
The Enterprise Data Platform (EDP) Design & Controls team seeks an experienced Technical Business Analyst with a thorough understanding of MUFG products and data in required subject areas within core banking, capital markets, risk, finance, regulatory, and compliance. Assess the intended outcomes of business, technical, quality, and security requirements and liaise with business users, CDO, Business Enablement Team, and other partners to achieve the intended outcomes while following the banks processes, standards, and procedures. You will join a high profile lean and agile team that will focus on building the firm's next generation data services platform.
- Coordinate all BA/DA activities for EDP Data Sourcing/Onboarding project and perform required business/data analysis and design tasks for data capture & standardization, Data Vault Mappings, data transformation & aggregation and design of data delivery through Standard Output Formats (SOF)
- Requirements Elicitation, Gathering, Clarification, and Analysis. Use Case Analysis and Documentation
- Create data mapping specifications for banking products (Commercial Banking and Consumer Lending and Treasury products)
- Participate in agile sprints and maintain stories and backlogs in JIRA
- Work closely with Product Manager and IT lead to maintain stories and backlogs in JIRA through agile sprints
- Create Functional Design Document and Detailed Design Document
- Create and Track Test Plans, Cases, and Scripts. Migration Planning and Coordination. Provide Support for Issues Tracking
- Create Application Documentation (User Guide, Operations Guide, Training Manual, etc.). Provide User Training as needed.
- Function as a product SME and supply business knowledge on required subject-areas and systems
- Act as a liaison for business users (front, middle, CDO, operations) and the EDP Design & Controls team
- Support CLIPR (Compliance, Legal, Information Security, Privacy, and Regulations)
- Create and maintain design library, product matrices, business glossaries, and other required documentation
- Support Data Management Integrated Control Framework
- Maintain standard methodologies to facilitate optimized software development and continuous improvement/delivery (CI/CD)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 8+ years' experience in Banking & Financial Services Domain with experience in Risk, Regulatory, and Finance applications or projects with strong knowledge of Commercial Lending and Consumer Lending products, Capital Markets, and Credit Cards.
- Expertise in data analysis, business system analysis, systems analysis, and data analysis in required subject areas in the banking domain. (7+ years)
- Detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, coordination, documentation, analytical, problem solving, leadership, and time management skills.
- Experienced in data warehouse projects, data integration projects, and/or business intelligence projects. (3+ years)
- Experience using any one of the reporting tools such as Business Objects, Tableau. (1+ years)
- Experience with MS Office suite of software applications
- 5+ years of experience in Data Analysis is a must.
- 5+ years of experience in SQL.
- 3+ Experience with Agile methodology and Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Serve as Agile Business/Data Analyst
- Hands on in writing user stories, estimation, leading scrum ceremonies.
- Facilitate and capture business/technical requirements from existing legacy systems for modernization.
- Must be able to draft business process, procedures and SOP's.
- Day to Day interactions with PM and product owners.
- Exposure to Data Governance & Data Quality tools a big plus.
- Exposure to latest cloud based technologies Python, Java, JIRA, AWS, Jenkins, Git/Githubis a plus.
- Experience with ETL technologies a big plus.
- Familiarity with cloud architecture and implementations/solutions is a plus.
- Exposure to Banking Industry Regulations and Privacy Laws are a big plus.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top