Business Development Director - Intrepid Vice President (Healthcare)
On January 1, 2019, MUFG Union Bank, N.A., acquired Intrepid Investment Bankers LLC. Intrepidprovides M&A , capital raising and strategic advisory services to entrepreneurs and middle-market companies in various industry sectors . Based in Los Angeles, Intrepid breeds a culture that embraces teamwork, tenacity and creativity to win big for our clients . We believe that every company has an entrepreneurial passion that drives it and a story that defines it. Our team delivers results through skillful positioning and relentless execution.Intrepid's M&A and Capital Markets advisory services will complement the product and coverage capabilities of Union Bank to deliver a unique value proposition to business owners.
Union Bank is a regional bank with more than 350 offices across California, Washington, and Oregon, that provides offerings in the areas of Consumer Banking, Wealth Markets, Commercial Banking, and Real Estate Industries. Union Bank, part of MUFG Union Bank, N.A., is a proud member of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (NYSE: MUFG), the world's the 5th largest financial group (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every client, organization, and community we serve.
We are looking to add a highly-talented individual with Healthcare Industry experience to our business development team to assist our senior bankers who lead various industry groups and also work on executing buy-side retained search mandates for the firm's Buy Side practice.
The individual we are seeking will be responsible for:
- Sourcing and evaluating investment banking prospects through phone, email, and in-person efforts
- Building and managing the investment banking prospect pipeline for select industry bankers;
- Building and maintaining relationships with leads and prospects; and
- Working closely with the industry lead bankers to execute various marketing initiatives, involving social media, industry trade conferences and networking events, and
- Executing buy-side target searches for institutional private equity sponsors and strategic acquirorsretaining the firm to help identify, contact, qualify and introduce them to qualified acquisition targets.
- Typically requires a four year college degree
- Two year minimum work experience in business development capacity (preferably in financial services industry) with track record of working with C-Suite executives
- Process oriented, well-adapted, and experienced in using CRMs to report on lead development and prospecting activity
- An understanding of M&A, private equity and investment banking
- You have strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Professional, positive communication style
- You are highly dedicated, results oriented, ambitious, can-do attitude
- You are a good listener, and standout colleague
- Ability to engage with prospects, build relationships, and work seamlessly as a bridge for introducing senior bankers into these relationships
- Excellent computer and organizational skills
- Ability to work comfortably in an unstructured environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top