Bank Secrecy Act Specialist III
Bank Secrecy Act Specialist III - 10029681-WD
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
- Reporting to the CIU Team Lead responsible for performing independent review and analysis on moderate to high risk individuals and entities to ensure compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and the US Patriot Act.
- Will work with line officers, line management and their clients to obtain necessary information.
- Direct responsibility for quality and integrity of research and analysis completed and documented via Know Your Customer forms or within various databases.
- Identify emerging risk issues and recommend course of action in most events, with very minimal assistance from Team Lead or the CIU Director.
- Will serve as a resource for line officers and line management.
- Reviews the most complex clients, requiring a level of experience needed to effectively interact with customer relationships.
- This position is typically expected to work a greater number of reviews, with little oversight.
- Acts as a coach for lower level specialists.
- Assist management in mentoring, coaching, training, and guiding lower level specialist.
- Provides technical mentorship to staff for research, analysis and documentation.
- May be involved with interviewing process of potential candidates for open positions.
- May receive delegated responsibilities from management.
- Maintain the enhanced due diligence program, whereby ongoing transaction reviews and monitoring of high-risk clients is conducted and documented.
- Review customer accounts for appropriate risk, analyze risk, identify issues, and validate information from bank systems and against third party resources in order to recommend the retention or termination of accounts.
- Ensure ongoing record keeping and preparation of reporting to management is kept current.
- Complete alerts or monitoring assignments within CIU timeframes and in accordance with unit quality standards for completion and documentation.
- Maintains a high level of experience to interact with complicated customer relationships to obtain and validate client information.
- May be required to support client contact email box to answers client inquiries regarding correspondences generated due to questionable account activity.
- Maintain ability to provide customer service, keep irate clients calm and discuss sensitive regulatory topics, while gathering important information from clients.
- Requires close working relationships with EBSI business partners.
- Ensure appropriate data integrity on underlying bank systems supporting the BSA/AML process including ESB, OASIS and RCIF.
- Department support as assigned.
- Provide technical assistance, training, assistance with audit/exam preparations and lead or participate in special projects, as required.
- This position is designated to one of the following focus areas: EDD: Enhanced Due Diligence-KYC preparation; CRT: Client Review Team - documented reviews of Alerts; AF: Adverse Findings; QA: consistency of BSA/AML compliance; OPS: Admin
- Minimum of 5 years direct work experience in BSA risk analysis or equivalent with related experience in other areas of banking and preferably in the financial services industry.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written and interpersonal skills are required.
- Able to multi-task, adapt well to changing priorities and effectively prioritize workflow to meet critical deadlines.
- Excellent analytical skills required.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and social skills.
- Strong knowledge of interpersonal skills of various Bank systems preferred (ESB, RCIF Rumba Applications, NetQuery, Ammo, Filenet, AAD, OASIS).
- Excellent working knowledge of BSA/AML laws and regulations relative to money laundering and terrorist financing and the ability to apply this knowledge in assessing transaction activity; monitoring of high risk customer accounts is preferred.
- Ability and willingness to work independently.
- CAMS certificate preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as a detailed list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to using the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Job : Risk
Primary Location : ARIZONA-Tempe
Job Posting : Aug 19, 2019, 5:21:23 PM
Shift : Day
Schedule : Full Time
Back to top