Axiom Software Engineer
- Charlotte, NC
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Axiom Software Engineer - Assistant Vice President
An enthusiastic individual with 5+ years of development experience who is interested in building / configuring regulatory reporting applications in banking / financial industries on Axiom regulatory platform. The individual should be an experienced developer in Waterfall SDLC or Agile methodologies. Looking for someone who is detail oriented, can work independently on a software solution and also work with team to fit their work into the overall deliverables to deliver quality software solutions.
Good listening / communication skills and patience to mentor junior resources are key.
• Design, implement, and support Basel Regulatory Reports on Axiom Platform.
• Key responsibilities include technical support for the analysts and users, such as defect analysis, patch testing, requirements analysis and implement configurations & develop reports on Axiom platform.
• Work within a disciplined change-and-configuration management environment to maintain control over the development and introduction of new function to the operations. Influence the change control team on best practices of handling code migrations between environments.
• Help define the coding standards for the entire application. Develop detail-level design documents from functional requirements and adhere to the development and naming standards established.
• Create technical design documents, build configurations on Axiom and experience in SQL queries is a must have.
• Troubleshoot production issues and performance tuning of various components
• Work with various IT teams including DBAs, Informatica Admins, Operations and technology support teams
• Participate in the rollout of any changes to the production environment and the setting of new standards using change control, documentation, and full communication with the operations and support
• Documentation of all development and making sure the off-shore support team does that same.
• Second level support for development/production support issues.
• College degree, preferably a B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems or a related field or the equivalent
• 5+ years of experience as a developer, experience in object oriented languages like Java, or Informatica or other ETL tools, and PL/SQL is required
• Prior experience on AxiomSL Controller View is strongly preferred, experience on Axiom free form or tabulor reports is a plus.
• Strong knowledge in data warehousing and experience in mapping techniques for Type 1, Type 2 and Type 3 Dimensions
• Experience in Windows Server, Linux/Unix scripting, Autosys or similar job scheduling tools
• Extensive experience in debugging
• Solid experience in implementing business requirements, error handling
• Expertise in analysis of functional specifications
• Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities
• Prior experience in banking/financial services industry is desirable
• Knowledge of Risk Weighted Assets (RWA), FR Y-9C, FR Y-15, FFIEC 031 and other relevant regulatory reports is strongly desirable
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top