Audit Portfolio Manager Global Sanctions, Vice President
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
The Vice President, Audit Portfolio Manager position is a role within the Internal Audit for the Americas Global OFAC audit team responsible for the delivery of OFAC sanctions audits globally across the bank. You report to a Director, Senior Audit Portfolio Manager. You are primarily responsible for project management on assigned audit engagements and for engagement adherence to departmental standards. This includes execution of and supervision of the execution of assigned audits including planning, fieldwork, reporting, issue tracking and follow-up. The position is responsible for internal stakeholder management and the supervision of and accountability for the quality of and judgment calls in audit work. It is also responsible for staff management on individual audit engagements.
This position generally does not manage staff in a reporting line relationship, but does lead staff on an engagement-by-engagement assignment basis. International Travel estimated range of 20-50%.
- Team leader Job Accountabilities - You provide direction, instruction and mentorship that will help to ensure the processes and routines are in line with Audit Methodology;
- You regularly monitor and contextualize performance and adjust to changing requirements or business priorities in order to achieve the appropriate balance between control and agility required for long-term effectiveness.
- You identify potential risk including awareness of risks both within span of control as well as enterprise-wide.
- You assign and review the work of audit team members for assigned engagements in coordination with Audit Managers / Audit Director.
- You assess the state of the governance, risk management, and control environment aspects relevant to that risk.
- You report results in an effective and timely basis, leading to appropriate remedial action and ongoing management of risk.
Are you ready for this exciting challenge?
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of related experience in public accounting (Big 4 external/internal audit) or financial services industry, including Internal Audit experience within large complex financial institutions
- At least 5 years of experience within the financial crimes area of a global bank or financial services industry preferred, experience gained within either audit / compliance testing roles
- Relevant professional certifications preferred e.g. CIA, CPA, CISA, ACAMs
- Deep knowledge of audit methodology, and audit execution
- Experience with compliance testing, quality control/assurance processes or internal/external audits
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years of experience leading testing efforts or exposure to quality control or quality management functions and results
- Working knowledge of sanctions compliance laws and regulations
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills
- Experience in leading diverse testing teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Up to 50% Travel, domestic and international
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top