Applications as a Service Lead, Director
- Arlington, TX
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Applications as a Service, Lead
The Technology Modernization Leadership Team seeks an Applications-as-a-Service Lead to serve as the accountable Leader for the creation and operational delivery of the Application Transformation Factory. Partnering and collaborating with key Business and Technology Leaders, the Lead will define the strategy, products, services, capabilities and delivery model to enable the transformation of the Enterprise Application Portfolio against stated Enterprise and Transformation strategic objectives.
- Accountable Leader for the Application Transformation Factory including application migration to on-prem and/or virtual private cloud, application transformation/modernization, application consolidation and/or application decommission
- Defines and delivers the set of Application Transformation Factory Product Capabilities for both transformation (short term) and Enterprise (long term) factory capabilities (e.g. physical-to-virtual ('P2V') migration patterns) while considering technical capabilities, customer enablement and financial modeling (e.g. chargeback/showback)
- Defines, shapes and actions the Application Transformation Factory roadmap, operating model and supporting Organization required to deliver against defined capabilities long term
- Design, implement and lead continuous integration and deployment within hybrid cloud infrastructures for rapid product release while effectively leading service risks
- Analyze trade-offs between potential solutions, selecting the optimal path and ultimately guiding the team
- Evaluate and lead security risks in solution design and implementation
- Stay abreast of industry trends, actively adopting new practices and techniques to accelerate delivery
- Serve as a key member of the Technology Modernization Leadership Team
- Team with key partners including business, risk/compliance, program management, architecture, system owner, 3rd party vendors, testing and other key/supporting teams as vital to ensure successful delivery
- Lead onshore and offshore resources, including recruiting, mentorship and technologist development
- Identify, lead, and apply mitigation plans against risks to successful delivery
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Demonstrable experience leading large teams of multi-functional, matrix resources to deliver outcomes
- Thinks strategically and considers resources, market drivers, risks, and values when making decisions for area of accountability/responsibility
- Aligns technology roadmaps with business strategy and ensures alignment of business requirements to technology solutions
- Minimum ten years of experience in designing, developing and delivering mission critical service solutions within a large, sophisticated Global IT environment
- Architect-level understanding of one or more of the major cloud service providers ('CSP') (i.e. AWS, Azure, GCP), using them to effectively design secure and scalable services
- Deep technical expertise in development, engineering and operations for network, database, compute, storage, virtualization, automation/orchestration and information security domains including key concepts such as the:
- Understanding of network infrastructure and key concepts such as DNS, IP addressing, software defined networking, performance management and monitoring
- Understanding of compute and storage infrastructure including virtualization, physical and virtual hardware sizing (i.e. CPU, Memory), performance monitoring/sizing and data replication techniques
- Understanding of disaster recovery, high availability, load balancing, backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, clustering, database mirroring, and replication
- Understanding of Enterprise Application architectures and associated deployment considerations including sizing, availability, performance and testing
- Understanding of database architecture and scalability, backup, and performance designs
- Domain expertise in workload migration strategies, technologies, tools and techniques including concepts such as physical-to-virtual ('P2V') and virtual-to-virtual ('V2V')
- First-hand experience of ServiceNow
- Software development lifecycle ('SDLC') knowledge and experience including design, development, testing, packaging, deployment, upgrade and support a must
- Minimum five years of experience managing 3rd party vendors in large scale, multi-vendor environments
- Able to recruit, lead, empower and encourage technologists to achieve aggressive goals
- Ability to transform customer requirements into technology requirements
- Experience integrating new technology and platforms with mission critical legacy systems
- Ability to stitch best of breed tools and practices together to solve business problems, embracing the security (confidentiality, integrity, availability) and complexity challenges that may arise
- Comfort with ambiguity; the ability to find the accurate path given limited guidance
- Possesses an automate everything attitude, from CI/CD based deployment to team collaboration
- Experienced in iterative / agile team management including transformation at scale
- Good interpersonal, oral, presentation and written communication skills including the ability to influence across all levels in a matrix Organization
- Strong facilitation experience
- Experience within highly regulated industry such as government, healthcare and/or financial services
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top