Application Development Professional
- Charlotte, NC
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Application Development Professional, Assistant Vice President
The Senior Software Engineer will be primarily responsible for building, enhancing and supporting internally developed Profit & Loss applications for Capital Markets and Risk dept. This person will need to have a very good knowledge and experience of basic P&L reporting and P&L attribution while working in a large institution, be able to lead and articulate discussions with both business and IT. This person will take ownership of design and development of .NET based batch applications and various system components including but not limited to web modules, design documentation and SQL Server 2012 database programming. This person will lead the design and implementation for a robust scalable architecture, advocate for data standards and anticipate eventual interactions between distributed data systems. Special attention will be required for secure coding standards with solid interface controls for all data in transfer. Mediate, guide, promote and obtain consensus on decision to move project forward with a balanced approach that satisfy long-term architecture goals/objectives while maintain realistic timeline.
- 30% - Design and develop custom solutions with distributed architectures for enterprise web applications
- 20% - Developing and performance tuning the .NET code and SQL queries
- 30% - Performs detailed data analysis (i.e. determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems and data samples)
- 10% - Interact with Project Managers, Business Analysts and Business stakeholders
- 10% - Effectively handle ambiguity and is a positive role model for implementing change in the organization
- Strong C# , ASP.NET with 5 to 7+ years' experience
- Strong SQL Server experience writing complex business logic 5 to 7+ years' experience
- 5+ years of experience in leading or working on the implementation of P&L based applications within Capital Markets and Risk industry is a plus.
- Prior experience working on Enterprise Data Management(EDM) applications is a huge plus
- In-depth experience in batch programming using Tidal
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Strong Object-Oriented design and software development experience
- Exhibit excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Actively collaborate with team members, QA, and product owners
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, with at least 5 years financial industry experience, working with front, middle or back office. In addition, having relevant skills along with technical certificates, financial certificates is a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top