Application Development Engineer, Transaction Banking
- Jersey City, NJ
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Responsible for leading and implementing major initiatives for Transaction Banking Channels aimed at modernizing and consolidating applications across enterprises. This individual will work closely with internal business clients and other technology groups to integrate various bank applications with BottomLine Digital Banking platform including Single Sign-On, portal technologies, payment systems, receivables, and core banking systems.
This Position Reports to: Director
- Design and develop enterprise level, highly secure, scalable and maintainable web applications, applying best architectural, coding practice.
- Support existing production systems that integrate with other in-house, vendor hosted enterprise applications, legacy systems and determine the Infrastructure approach to meet the new and emerging enterprise requirements.
- Prepare technical documents and present technical concepts to internal audiences.
- Work with operations staff to define an operational framework which defines, develops and implements delivery systems, systems management, policies and security frameworks to ensure delivery of knowledge and information to appropriate groups.
- Evaluate and trouble shoot software and system problems and provide fix and solution.
- 3 - 5 years of programming/systems analysis experience with emphasis in applications and systems architectural design and development, database - Java, J2EE, Oracle, JBoss 7, Spring, HIbernate, Angular etc
- 2+ years of design and development experience with Angular type script framework
- Hands on experience with Service-oriented architecture (SOA), micro services, and REST APIs
- Understanding of Cloud technology, Hands on experience with AWS or Azure, AWS infrastructure and APIs is preferred
- Knowledge with design pattern, best coding practice, ability to design large scale and complex enterprise solution
- Effective written and oral communication skills with the ability to convey technology solutions to business partners
- Strong problem solving skills, time management skills and be able to deliver within tight timeline
- Experience in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Experience with source control and build automation, prefer GitHub, Maven and Jenkins
- Experience working with docker and openshift/kubernettes
- Experience with code refactoring to minimize risk findings (SonarQube, code coverage, etc)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top